Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Slide Aside Lid Holder  (Read 2471 times)

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
Slide Aside Lid Holder
« on: November 13, 2017, 12:16:15 PM »
Grabbed one of the slide aside lid holders off of ebay recently.  Nothing too crazy, but I do like the idea and can see it being useful.  Now I see weber claims this only works for the 18 and 22.  I tried it out on my 26 and thought it looked like a pretty good fit.  Should I avoid using it on the 26?
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

BBQ Jack

• WKC Brave
Re: Slide Aside Lid Holder
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 01:21:18 PM »
I picked up the lid holder on amazon that is made by the other company as I thought Weber no longer made this. It looks like the Weber and it also works nice on the Smokey Joe, hangs a little low but it works. I just grilled a steak on the SJ and I like having it, it is a nice accessory to have. It states in the description that it fits 26 inch.

https://www.amazon.com/Onlyfire-Must-Have-Accessory-Stainless-Charcoal/dp/B0714KS9CV/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510611359&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=onlyfire+weber+lid+holder

I checked the Weber add on Amazon and it states: Fits all Weber 18.5" and 22.5" Charcoal Kettle Grills. Will NOT fit the 26" Kettle Grill.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 01:52:32 PM by BBQ Jack »

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 01:43:49 PM »
I didnt even know there was one made by another company.  Now I have to wonder what I actually received.  Got mine on ebay and it had the weber documentation but did not have the original box (and now I'm thinking I might have already tossed the documentation...whoops!).  I suppose I could have been duped!  But the seller accepted my $25 offer so even if this is the knock off brand I paid what I would've on amazon and got free shipping so I guess its a wash. 
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 01:50:31 PM »
Weber sells these again.  Just have to call customer service!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

BBQ Jack

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 01:57:44 PM »
The other company apparently is a Chinese outfit that copies other companies patents. For awhile they had a slow n sear for about $50 less than the ABC product, but I no longer see it being sold. They even used the ABC product pics in the ad.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 01:59:40 PM by BBQ Jack »

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 01:57:56 PM »
@Craig thoughts about using the slide aside with a 26er?
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Cellar2ful

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 02:10:35 PM »

There was some discussions on this thread regarding using the Slide Aside on vintage 26"ers.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/product-reviews/weber-slide-aside-32786/15/
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 02:14:47 PM »

There was some discussions on this thread regarding using the Slide Aside on vintage 26"ers.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/product-reviews/weber-slide-aside-32786/15/

thanks!  So looks like I'm not crazy about it working on the 26er!

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 02:59:43 PM »
I use an extra 18 or 22 without the lid on for the slide aside duty on my flattop. That lid fits too well to risk it falling off and hitting the ground. Just place it on the unused kettle.
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 07:12:29 PM »
The other company apparently is a Chinese outfit that copies other companies patents. For awhile they had a slow n sear for about $50 less than the ABC product, but I no longer see it being sold. They even used the ABC product pics in the ad.

Well ain't that just special. Onlyfire also sells cheap kettle rotisserie kits. An SS and a painted version I think. While those may be somewhat derivative designs (barely), this thing sure looks like a blatant rip off. Even the same name, really??
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 05:10:41 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 05:16:36 PM »
That's a lot of lid in that little holder.
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 06:30:23 AM »
That's a lot of lid in that little holder.

The craziest part to me is that you can swap that same holder onto a smokey joe and it works just as well there!