Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Gas Firepit  (Read 830 times)

jdorn

• WKC Ranger
Weber Gas Firepit
« on: November 14, 2017, 01:14:37 PM »
Looking to pick one of these up, but I wanted other people's thoughts on them...

Do they kick out much heat?
How much propane do they go through?
What should I look for to avoid a lemon?
Durable to the elements?
What's a reasonable price for a used one?

Thanks for your help!!

Jason

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

2mnygrills

• Smokey Joe
Re: Weber Gas Firepit
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 06:13:09 AM »
I have two of these.  One was natural gas that I have since converted to propane, and I paid $150 in very good condition with a ok condition cover.  Converting was not dificult but the tank holder is not available from Weber any longer.  I had to get creative when ordering the conversion parts, and have more of a investment than I prefer.

The second one I found a few months later and had all the propane parts and a cover.  It is in very good condition also and I paid $75.

They do not come up for sale often in this area.  I have only seen one other in the last several years.

They don't put out a great deal of heat and are pretty noisy because of the propane flow through the regulator and orface.  The flame looks natural though and as far as how much propane they use, I can't really say because I haven't used mine that much.  I'm sure it's significant. 

Make sure the logs aren't broken and there isn't a lot of rust in the bottom near the burners.  It is flat there and water tends to just lay in there.  There should be three metal shields to in close the fire box when not in use.  Make sure you get those!  A cover would be a plus, but I think covers are still available from Weber. 

They are nice to sit around if its not to cold and really look cool while burning.  Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Hood33

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 10:37:07 AM »
I picked one up last week off Craigslist after several months of looking.  I gave $75 and bought it missing the top piece based on input from other members here.  A few days later the seller called me and let me know he found the topper.  Apparently it had been sitting for some time, but took it home, dusted it off, hooked up a bottle and it fired up on the 2nd click.  Despite other reports, mine is quiet and puts off a good amount of heat.  The first Weber acquisition that the Mrs. totally approved of... : )
Happy Hunting!

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 12:32:42 PM »
I picked one up last week off Craigslist after several months of looking.  I gave $75 and bought it missing the top piece based on input from other members here.  A few days later the seller called me and let me know he found the topper.  Apparently it had been sitting for some time, but took it home, dusted it off, hooked up a bottle and it fired up on the 2nd click.  Despite other reports, mine is quiet and puts off a good amount of heat.  The first Weber acquisition that the Mrs. totally approved of... : )
Happy Hunting!

I remember that missing lid.  Awesome that the seller actually found it and bothered reaching out to you about it!
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 09:16:02 PM »
I'm always on the hunt for one of these

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground