Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kettle Karma at its finest; my new Simpson SJ  (Read 1020 times)

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
Kettle Karma at its finest; my new Simpson SJ
« on: November 13, 2017, 08:14:24 AM »
So big thanks goes to @603kettle for adding a Simpsons SJ to my collection!  Now to the story behind it all.  I'm in NY and was perusing Craigslist ads out of my area.  Came across someone in NH selling a Simpsons SJ and a 2nd kettle (which I cant recall the specifics of).  I emailed the seller at first and guess I stupidly explained that I was not in NH and was wondering if the person might ship me the simpsons SJ.  No response.  A week or so later I call and leave a message.  No response.  So I started a thread here looking for an agen in New Hampshire.  Really didnt say much more than I found something on Craigslist that I was interested in.  Low and behold, Keith sends me a private message here and I expected maybe another member might be willing to work with me.  Figured he would be looking for some info, etc.  Nope.  Keith is freaking awesome and his first message to me basically said, I was in contact with the seller and am picking up your grill on such and such a day.  I had never even really specified what exactly I was even interested in at this point; but Keith must've had a hunch b/c he had the photos of the Simpsons SJ from the ad in his reply!  So he contacted the seller and worked it all out.  Couple of snags along the way and he was not able to get the grill on the same day as promised.  But true to his word he kept in touch and made it happen a few days later.  He mentioned the seller was 2 hours from his house and at that point I told him to not even bother taking such a trip!  But he got it, boxed it up and shipped it to me and I couldn't be happier!  Now I'll just have to find some time to snap a few more (better) pictures and get to work restoring this thing a bit!  I've had a few weber pickups recently and not sure when I'll get around to documenting it all and/or when I'll get around to working on them!

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 08:16:00 AM by lksdrinker »
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Re: Kettle Karma at its finest; my new Simpson SJ
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 12:35:09 PM »
Nice work @603kettle .  Didn't see you this weekend!
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

603kettle

• WKC Brave
Kettle Karma at its finest; my new Simpson SJ
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 02:33:20 PM »
lksdrinker - glad to see it arrived without incident. Used a lot of bubble wrap and foam in the box.

CaptJoe06 - sorry we couldn’t make the trip down to the coast last weekend, the while family was under the weather. Hopefully next weekend we can stop by.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 02:53:12 AM by 603kettle »

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 03:18:03 PM »
GREAT JOB!!

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 04:19:12 PM »
Congrats brother. @603kettle is the Man.

mick

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 09:49:41 PM »
very nice of 603kettle

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 10:08:24 PM »
That is some nice work.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 07:24:40 AM »
....and that's why this place is awesome!