Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Go Anywhere Grill review  (Read 3747 times)

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
Re: Go Anywhere Grill review
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2017, 09:26:37 AM »
I'd be interested in seeing it either the same one or a redo  Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Again, apologies for deleting it. I modified the original post above with a text based review.

Re-uploaded the original (new link now).....

https://youtu.be/BjRLbzuV0z8
YouTube channels: GringoBBQ & RubiconFI

nolch01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2017, 12:03:57 PM »
[emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2017, 07:26:02 PM »
Another plug for the CGA with cast iron Craycorts!!!  I have my Performer Deluxe ripped apart for a bowl replacement and am waiting on a couple of parts from Weber. Since I could not go a day without grilling (and I snagged some USDA prime at 50% off that needed immediate grill time), I fired up a full, large chimney of charcoal. It basically filled the CGA and was right under the grates. Great sear and great flavor. I went by time and not temp and had perfection at 8 minutes. Did a twist at 2 minutes and flip at 4.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2017, 11:37:47 PM »
Thanks for re-uploading it.  That's some beautiful country.  Really interesting to see how much gear you pack, how you pack it and what works for you.  That grate looks pretty slow compared. The jeep- I'm jealous

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2017, 09:02:27 AM »
Really interesting to see how much gear you pack, how you pack it and what works for you.  That grate looks pretty slow compared. The jeep- I'm jealous

How much gear i pack inside the CGA or the Jeep?

While i have been carrying items like that inside the GA's that i have owned over the years as well as the SJ's, I cannot take credit for that super compact way that i now do it. There are at least two other YouTube videos that per-existed mine where they show either Craycort (split) grates or OEM grates that have been cut. Honestly, it is only enough charcoal for 1-2 cooks, which is perfect for what i do with the CGA.

The Jeep was packed fairly lightly in that video, FWIW, and i slept inside the rig on that trip because i was too lazy to bring a tent, not to mention set it up and tear it back down for a one-nighter.

Jeepers tend to carry tools and spare parts like axles, steering boxes and cool junk like that which might need to be replaced trail side. Oh, and extra food in case you get stuck for a day or two longer out in the sticks than expected. That little mess kit thingy i made up is always under the rear seat in case i have to slum it and make a pan-seared steak on the road.