Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: LE red kettle 14615001 polling fun  (Read 1019 times)

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
LE red kettle 14615001 polling fun
« on: November 07, 2017, 07:28:08 AM »
im throwing my hat in that these will sell out by the following dates.

sell out of US channels by end of tgiving weekend :50%...75% will show limited stock left.

sell out of US supply channels by xmas eve : 100%

anyone else are to share forecast for fun

Grills

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Re: LE red kettle 14615001 polling fun
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 09:17:45 AM »
I'm throwing my hat out that you will be able to by them online from a retail outlet though 2019.  You can still get the Ivory in Canada and that came out two years ago.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

mdb240

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 10:35:59 AM »
Just came from a local lowes to check them out in hand. Online said they have 16 of them and couldn't even find them in the store. Didn't.bother asking but they weren't on display or in the topstock.

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 10:59:29 AM »
I am with a few others on here.  I think we will see them at discounted prices before they sell out.

Modified for fat finger typing.

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 11:41:51 AM »
interesting forecasts...itll be interesting to see stock levels at over the next few months

im not sure about discounts...walmart is the only retailer ive seen discount weber kettles.and i dont see they are stocking the le model.

lowes seldomly slightly discounts the premium..but never seen a MT go on sale at weber dealers and id say the le is a MT like model.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 11:45:30 AM by toolhead »
Grills

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 12:42:04 PM »
so Weber posted the red grill on instagram earlier today.  I asked how many are being produced and how long they expect them to be available.  Their response really helps clear things up  "....available while supplies last.  The quantity is not disclosed." 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbNKNGSBv1K/?hl=en&taken-by=webergrills

Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 12:50:29 PM »
same here...weber told me they would not disclose quantity available....

i think its under 10k units in the US...

and i think they r gona sell out fast..before xmas eve....theres a lot to like about this le model...

MT model in perfect shade of red...imo the most sought out color for a weber charcoal grill

im probably wrong about productiom run and US demand...time will tell
Grills

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 01:04:42 PM »
That M/T moniker is somewhat fungible here. They don't call it that for the U.S. market because it lacks the GBS and Warming Rack.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 01:10:41 PM »
hey ats...hope all has been well

« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 01:13:07 PM by toolhead »
Grills

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 01:56:24 PM »
same here...weber told me they would not disclose quantity available....

i think its under 10k units in the US...

and i think they r gona sell out fast..before xmas eve....theres a lot to like about this le model...

MT model in perfect shade of red...imo the most sought out color for a weber charcoal grill

im probably wrong about productiom run and US demand...time will tell

Only time will tell I suppose!  I have to wonder though if the reds are the most sought after because they're red or because they're hard to find?  If weber saturates the market with red grills will that somehow make reds in general seem a little easier to find and become a little less collectible?  Did weber perhaps realize people were willing to fork over cash for any red grill and got tired of seeing those in the used market profit where they couldn't?  Will weber continue to make them if they sell well?  Now I'm just rambling....guess I'm just too curious about stuff that doesnt really matter lol.
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 02:38:51 PM »
hey ats...hope all has been well

Yep, settled into TN now, thanks. Good to see you here again.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch