Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rotisserie  (Read 1825 times)

Campwhatnot

• Smokey Joe
Rotisserie
« on: November 03, 2017, 04:56:33 AM »
Happy Friday everyone!

I'm looking  to get a rotisserie for my performer. I'm looking for opinions  between porcelain coated or stainless rings. Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
Re: Rotisserie
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 05:38:34 AM »
I have the porcelain ring i use for my 22's and performers.  Works well for me.  Less worry about clean up and what not... 

TIA!!

Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 08:19:07 AM »
Funny you should mention that. I bought my Weber ring used, and have only used it a couple times so far.

The inside is "rough" from I suppose food grease? I tried wiping with a wet cloth or paper towel and now have a fine collection of very fine cloth and paper all over it.

I wasn't looking to have to scrub it with steel wool, but I suppose that's next, damn.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 08:22:15 AM »
Funny you should mention that. I bought my Weber ring used, and have only used it a couple times so far.

The inside is "rough" from I suppose food grease? I tried wiping with a wet cloth or paper towel and now have a fine collection of very fine cloth and paper all over it.

I wasn't looking to have to scrub it with steel wool, but I suppose that's next, damn.
If it's a Weber ring you can use a razor blade just like a kettle. They porcelain coat the rotisseries also.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 08:26:12 AM by Kneab »
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 08:30:07 AM »
Cajun Bandit SS rings are great. It’s all a matter of preference. Porcelain vs. SS vs. powder coated.

If you have an SSP, the stainless ring would look great IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Rotisserie
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 09:52:23 AM »
The type of ring is irrelevant in my opinion. The fitment of the ring to the bowl and the difference in the forks and the motor are things to consider. I have the weber and it is good but it is a little annoying that the ring can slip out of position.  The Cajun bandit forks are 4 Prong and weber are 2 prong. Not sure which is better?  The Cajun bandit motor is battery powered with an ac adapter. This is a key point. I don’t have an outlet in my grill area and I have to run a cord across my deck. Also battery powered gives a good option for traveling as well. Whether porcelain or stainless makes little difference to me.

If I had to do it again, I would have chosen the Cajun bandit, but I haven’t seen or used one in person to be certain I would prefer it.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 09:54:14 AM by HoosierKettle »

buttman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 10:34:43 AM »
I love my Weber rotisserie, it gets used a lot!

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 12:59:38 PM »
I have the cajun bandit SS kit. I love it. I try to use it as often as possible. Battery power is what sold me on it and it also fits on my WSM. The Weber one only fits on the kettles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 01:05:22 PM »
I have the Weber and like it as well. Easy cleanup.
Mine gets a lot of use as well. Thanksgiving turkey coming up.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 03:27:47 PM »

I believe it comes down to a personal appearance preference between the SS vs black porcelain finish. I have a couple of the Weber black porcelain rings. I prefer the older design with the L tabs as opposed to the newer style with the crimped ring. The newer one seals better but can shift when placing the spit onto the ring with a heavy load. I almost dumped a turkey into the coals with the newer design.  Some members have said they have drilled and added bolts to act like the old L brackets to keep the ring from shifting and tilting.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Meathook

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 07:19:43 PM »
I agree, personal preference, I have the old weber ring and it cleans up nicely.

Old Dave

• WKC Brave
    • Old Dave's Po-Farm
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2017, 08:58:05 PM »
Cajun Bandit SS rings are great. It’s all a matter of preference. Porcelain vs. SS vs. powder coated.

Mike, you are right in that the Cajun Bandit does look great in a SSP.

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2017, 12:42:39 PM »

Mike, you are right in that the Cajun Bandit does look great in a SSP.

Wow Dave,

That looks sharp!

Thanks for sharing the pic!