Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grilled Pumpkin Stew  (Read 577 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Grilled Pumpkin Stew
« on: October 30, 2017, 06:36:41 PM »
First, let me say it’s all @Hell Fire Grill's fault. Whew, I feel better already! http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/grilling-bbqing/grilled-pumpkin-stew/

Made stew last night, a first for me actually.

You don’t need this much heat, but there’s these lever things on the machine that take care of that.

It was a tight squeeze. I rotated them on their axis a few times, every 15-20 mins or so. The white one was thicker. The orange one held more stew. What could possibly go wrong?

Temps held rock steady with the intake closed about halfway. But mostly I’m just showing you a blue grill and zavod handle here, because I like ‘em.

I very carefully and precisely moved the orange one over to a tray ...

... And added some pumpkin guts to the stew that was freaking scooped up with a freaking spoon from the freaking foil on the freaking grill into this freaking dish.

DAD YOU SHOULD USE A SPATULA UNDERNEATH IT. And so I did, for the second one, which didn’t need it, being both thicker and having less stew inside. Haven’t eaten that one yet.

Kids didn’t care for it. They ate it, mostly. I had to add to add salt and pepper at the table, something I never do unless something went quite wrong. It was bland, because I simmered the crap outta the stew the night before, completely forgetting about it for like 6 hours! (Turned into pulled beef with veggies …)

I’ll be doing this again; there’s definite room for improvement. :)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Grilled Pumpkin Stew
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 06:43:02 PM »
My wife and I discussed using broth afterwards, but I specifically avoided here that because I consider most broth to be essentially saltwater. And stews and soups can be salty as hell without tasting "salty," so that pretty much explains my lack of desire to make most soups and stews, but ah well ...
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch