Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Chicken, Cabbage and Sweet Potatoes  (Read 610 times)

Pat G

• WKC Brave
Chicken, Cabbage and Sweet Potatoes
« on: October 30, 2017, 08:38:56 AM »
Marinated some chicken breasts in white wine Worcestershire overnight.  Lily is looking on in the background.

I put the sweet potatoes on first.  After about 10 minutes I rendered down the bacon with the onions then removed them.

Added the cabbage with S&P, sugar and some water and put the cooked onions on top.  Then I covered it and let it cook for a while.

Finally added the chicken breasts.  I added the cooked bacon to the cabbage at the very end.

Plated.

This turned out to be a great dinner.  We have a lot of cabbage leftovers too.  Thanks for looking. 8)
Performer Deluxe(Copper), 26 Kettle OTG, 22 Kettle OTG, Jumbo Joe, 18WSM, 14WSM, Genesis Gold B(Redhead), Q1200, Charcoal Go Anywhere, Gas Go Anywhere, Kettle Pizza & Vortex, Smoke

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Chicken, Cabbage and Sweet Potatoes
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 10:43:46 AM »
That cabbage-onion-bacon mashup looks especially delicious.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch