Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cajun Bandit Stacker on the old Jumbo Joe  (Read 1647 times)

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
Cajun Bandit Stacker on the old Jumbo Joe
« on: October 22, 2017, 10:07:40 AM »
I thought I had seen on a previous post that the stacker wouldn't fit on the old JJ. For anyone who's interested, I checked today and it does. So I'll plan and using this a bit for smoking this winter. I'll be sure to post when I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 05:27:27 PM by mcgolden »

Jason

• WKC Ranger
Re: Cajun Bandit Stacker on the old Jumbo Joe
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 08:41:39 PM »
I can assure you that you will not be disappointed!

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 07:14:30 AM »

I can assure you that you will not be disappointed!
Have you got a stacker?  If so which size and how have you used it. I just picked this up recently off eBay.

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 07:21:10 AM »
I have the exact set up that you have in your pics. I’ve done full packer briskets, pork shoulder, ribs etc. I have posted at least one, or more, of my cooks with this set up in the cooking forum here.

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 07:38:10 AM »

I have the exact set up that you have in your pics. I’ve done full packer briskets, pork shoulder, ribs etc. I have posted at least one, or more, of my cooks with this set up in the cooking forum here.
Just found the post you were referring to. That's awesome!  Couldn't tell from the picture but it looked like you might have been using the snake method. Is that right?

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 08:11:31 AM »
I used the charcoal ring on all cooks, using the minion method. I might be able to get more pics when I get home, if you would like me to.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 08:40:41 AM »

I just found a few of your cook threads with the 18 stacker. I had a true "light bulb" moment when I saw the picture of a full? packer on the grate, by placing a small bread loaf pan underneath the brisket so that it would fit on the grate. I suppose that could also work for pork ribs, but then again I have no aversion to simply cutting them down to fit.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 08:41:48 AM »
I used the charcoal ring on all cooks, using the minion method. I might be able to get more pics when I get home, if you would like me to.

If you've got time to show pics, that would be cool to see.  For mine, I created a charcoal ring out of a strip of stainless steel gutter protector and some stainless bolts and wingnuts.  For a heat deflector I've got an upside down pizza pan that fits nicely.  It's all untested but seems like fit is good all the way around.  So I think it should work nicely.

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 11:50:16 AM »

No need to post pics. I just found some of your other cooks. Can't wait to try this stacker out.

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 04:14:12 PM »
As a diffuser, I use a 1/4”x16” diameter piece of steel. It fits perfectly on the lower tabs, just above the charcoal ring. On top of that, I put 16” diameter pizza pan, that I line with foil, to catch the drippings. This set-up will keep the temp extremely stable.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 03:54:50 AM »
And the rotisserie ring fits as well!

« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 03:58:59 AM by swamprb »
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!