Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: BBQ Guru CyberQ Cloud in depth review and compared to the FlameBoss 300  (Read 1676 times)

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
Hey folks,

I just posted an in depth review on the CyberQ if you are interested. I do like it better than the FlameBoss 300 because of the online software on the ShareMyCook.com site as compared to the MyFlameBoss.com web site.

The hardware on the CyberQ is built a little better for both the device and the fan. The hard buttons are better than the bubble buttons on the FlameBoss too IMHO ad the fact that there are 5 buttons versus 3 seems to work a little better as well.

The pit plug and the sliding door are both nice touches that allow you to close off the air to the pit. FlameBoss has you pay extra for a threaded plug from the hardware store.

I could not figure out how to put the FlameBoss in direct access mode and assumed it did not have one so that is another advantage of the CyberQ, assuming that this is correct.

Support from BBQ Guru was EXCELLENT! I emailed them about a probe issue while i was filming the review and before i finished filming i got a shipping notification that new probes were on the way. FlameBoss was responsive too but just good where BBQ Guru was better than good IMHO.

The BBQ packaging was a lot sturdier too so less chance of shipping damage.

Any questions, comments on this device?

https://youtu.be/zN-yr9CdGz0

« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 04:52:08 PM by GoAnywhereJeep »
YouTube channels: GringoBBQ & RubiconFI

SmokeVide

• WKC Ranger
Re: BBQ Guru CyberQ Cloud in depth review and compared to the FlameBoss 300
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 06:22:28 PM »
Cool. I enjoy the tech stuff.
Brian
Seeking: 26 rotisserie

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
Re: BBQ Guru CyberQ Cloud in depth review and compared to the FlameBoss 300
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 06:34:50 AM »
Cool. I enjoy the tech stuff.

Yeah, I am a hopeless nerd.

I forgot to do resistance, boiling and freezing tests on the FLameBoss Probes but I strongly suspect that are in the same range as the CyberQ's probes.
YouTube channels: GringoBBQ & RubiconFI