Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Replacement side table build  (Read 1681 times)

northwestkettle

• WKC Ranger
Replacement side table build
« on: October 15, 2017, 08:08:52 PM »
Well I’ve ended up with a couple side table racks with no tables during my kettle acquisitions then awhile back I scored an old new in box side table so I used it as a ruff pattern for a couple new replacements they ended up being a touch bigger but I figured extra space is a good thing so I had some scraps of sassafras and some oak laying around so I glued up one of each sassafras has such a neat aroma when you work with it so I mainly used the side table to just trace out the curve I should have just set on a 22” kettle and traced it if would have fit a little nicer but it’s all right here are a few pics of the progress so far just put on first coat of tung oil tonight tomorrow I’ll buff with steel wool and put on a second I’ll have to see if I can find some little rubber feet at lows or ace to put on the bottom to keep it from sliding on the wire rack makes it easy to take off and take inside so it doesn’t get trashed in the rain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BBQ to live live to BBQ

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Re: Replacement side table build
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 09:43:18 PM »
@northwestkettle
Impressive tables...and equally impressive sentence.

JV

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 11:58:02 PM »
Great work!!

northwestkettle

• WKC Ranger
Replacement side table build
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 04:14:14 AM »
@northwestkettle

JV

Thanks I always considered myself the king of run on sentences punctuation is so overrated lol

« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:57:56 AM by northwestkettle »
BBQ to live live to BBQ

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 06:25:49 AM »
Very nice job on the side table.  How much would you charge for one of these?
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 09:30:28 AM »
@northwestkettle

JV

This just made me spit out my drink!  Lol!

@northwestkettle

JV

Thanks I always considered myself the king or run on sentences punctuation is so overrated lol

This did too!  Especially as there is no punctuation!  In all seriousness though, awesome job on the tables!
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 10:15:29 AM »
Not exactly my native language so i have to stop a few times to try to digest all the information [emoji3]

JV

northwestkettle

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 10:18:11 AM »
With my terrible memory when I get a thought I have to just get it written down and punctuation just slows me down and I could lose my train of thought

BBQ to live live to BBQ

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 11:15:58 AM »
Same issue here with short memory. Heck sometimes i forget to go to work. Either that or my mind is  just too preoccupied with anything  and everything kettle related. Not sure if today's a workday[emoji15]

JV

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 07:35:16 PM »
... Heck sometimes i forget to go to work. ...

When I was young, and working in retail, I often did the opposite. I'd come in on my day off, by accident. And then stay and make good money, heh. Something about being relaxed on a "non work day" to make the work go better.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

qwesthunter

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2017, 09:49:27 AM »
Tables look great—now I wish I didn’t get rid of the frame I had.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2017, 09:57:13 AM »
Totally cool!  I recently acquired the metal parts to go with a weber sidekick cutting board I had.  Unfortunately the cutting board came unglued and is now in two pieces.  I know I can put it back together, but I think your idea would be good for daily use instead of the Weber cutting board, then pull out the Weber occasionally for photos.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2017, 10:00:43 AM »
Nice work northwestkettle. Love the two-toned oak version.
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 04:41:32 PM »
@northwestkettle
You're the king of metalwork, woodwork and run off sentence.

JV

northwestkettle

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2017, 05:11:50 PM »
@northwestkettle
You're the king of metalwork, woodwork and run off sentence.

JV

Thanks Jules now that you called me out on it I got to stick with it every time I think of adding punctuation I’m like nope got to stay true to my run on sentences lol [emoji23]

BBQ to live live to BBQ