Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Blue Wave SJP Score and the Brownie MBH score added.  (Read 4546 times)

greenweb

• WKC Performer
Blue Wave SJP Score and the Brownie MBH score added.
« on: October 15, 2017, 04:16:38 AM »
This was the most challenging score this year. I saw the ad. before noon and responded to it. Nothing till I am off work and about to head home. Miraculously as I am about to drive off, I get a text message saying she just got home and the sjp is still available.

What does that mean? Does that mean I can come and pick up, if yes then where.  All I know is that her location is about 1 to 1.5hrs opposite direction from heading home. I respond right back asking if we can meet up tonight. I decide to take a chance and wait it out at work. She responds back after 20 min wait in the car at work, saying yes meet her at this coffee shop in this Mall.  Great! I get excited and head out her way in heavy traffic. I text her I should be there in 1hr. and my cell batt. is low so I may not contact her if it dies. I am just hoping for the best at this time. I am not even sure who I am suppose to meet as I have no other info such as what car she will be in or walking nor have I given out which car I will be in.

Sure enough, my phone bat. dies on the way as I am using it as a GPS to find the location too.  No GPS on this car but my other one has it. Well, long story somewhat short.  I get off the hwy exit which was 3 to 4 exits short of my real destination. Asked for direction on several gas stations. One gas station lady giving me a wrong direction.......I finally get there over 1.5hr late at 830pm.

Well, I am tired and hungry. Looks like my whole night is shot.  I wait for a phantom lady for about 10 min and head into the Tims coffee shop to get a coffee. Come outside, taking a breather and getting ready to go home on my 1.5 hrs drive home back. I see a Source store up ahead in the plaza. So, I decide to get a phone charger so I can text her that I am here.  I am thinking what good is that going to do but I do it anyways. I walk over and was able to plug charge at the Source long enough to text her with my info and decide to take a chance and wait another 30min.  To my surprise, she shows up with this like new Blue Wave.   :o :o :o :o  Lucky or what?

So, for now, here it is with my Cado.

I will load up few more pics as is and maybe cleaned with Zav handle on or maybe SJP family pic.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 08:34:05 AM by greenweb »

bear

• WKC Ranger
Re: Another Blue Wave SJP Score in barren land of Canada.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 04:39:13 AM »
Epic, it was meant to be. Sounds like you received some kettle karma right there.

Congratulations greenweb!

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 04:51:00 AM »
Same au code. Initially I thought it was Euro wedgewood blue, but thanks to 604,MacEggs and others who shed light on this on other score thread..... I know exactly what it is now. Don't care how rare it is or not. It is a keeper.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 05:08:10 AM »
Congratulations, @greenweb. Very cool color.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 05:38:08 AM »

Grate score, greendude!  What a story …. Toronto traffic … Yeah, no thanks, you can have it.

Really nice colour these blue waves are …  but seriously, that 18" cado looks near flawless.  Just sayin' …  :D ;)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 06:07:09 AM »

Grate score, greendude!  What a story …. Toronto traffic … Yeah, no thanks, you can have it.

Really nice colour these blue waves are …  but seriously, that 18" cado looks near flawless.  Just sayin' …  :D ;)

Come to think of it, this $30 Cado from Denver was way more challenging and almost impossible score last year.

nolch01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 06:08:48 AM »
Welcome to the club!   Looks to be in great condition.   Love the story. Lucky man. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 09:03:32 AM »
great job...

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 11:33:51 AM »
Great story and great score. 
regards,
Hal

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
Re: Another Blue Wave SJP Score in the barren land of Canada.
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2017, 03:14:12 PM »
I’m jealous . Nice score

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2017, 04:37:17 PM »
Beautiful. That cado is damn sexy too!
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, 05:20:53 AM »
Awesome!!!

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2017, 01:06:54 PM »
My first Brownie MBH. Wonder what year it is?

Another grueling score today, 9hrs total drive today to secure this deal. $30 Can. That is like $5 USD.  Thanks to an informer who got in contact with the seller and tip me off on this. His not a member yet but he may join. Few days ago, he tipped me off about 2 new style Ranch for $150 Canadian each. Unfortunately, someone beat us to it.

Pretty good condition with few large porcelain pops on the lid and some rim rash. Inside looks very clean with no rust around grate straps or on the leg sockets.  I love the thick mist on it.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 08:38:32 AM by greenweb »

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 01:10:13 PM »
Great score!!...Next on my list!!

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 03:27:04 PM »
I love it.  Nice job!!!