Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A “RRR”eally good week!  (Read 2812 times)

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: A “RRR”eally good week!
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 05:40:58 AM »

This is not the initial pic I remember but I do remember mention of this alternate.

In 1973, Weber had an alternate cover to their catalog.  No one knows the story behind the alternate or whether it was actually used or not (if so, how extensively).

I have confirmed with a Weber contact the yellow smokey was on the alternate cover.  Why it's not listed as an option in the actual catalog is unknown.  However,  this  contact told me the yellow smokey was offered only in 1973.

Bump.

I think there is still another photo out there of yellow SJ.  I have another prize for whomever can unearth it.🤞

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 06:01:30 AM »
HMM
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2017, 07:29:08 AM »
Holy Shit!!!!! Congrats Charlie.

TheDude

• WKC Performer
Still need a 22” yellow

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2017, 09:43:29 AM »
Simpsons yellow doesn't count right?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 09:46:13 AM by blksabbath »

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2017, 10:18:22 AM »

Simpsons yellow doesn't count right?
Right, I’m specifically looking for the other photo of the SJ-120 yellow offset Smokey.  This is all predicated on a hunch, but I have to try. 

Thanks again to Harris92 for posting the alternate cover photo.  I hope you’re enjoying your prize, sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2017, 01:13:48 PM »
Amazing story and find. Congrats to the FL crew - @chiku18 and you you for making it a reality.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH