Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Performer Table Restoration  (Read 1977 times)

Troy

• Statesman
Weber Performer Table Restoration
« on: October 13, 2017, 01:19:29 PM »
My performer was starting to look like turds, so I followed @Cellar2ful 's guidance and restored my table.

My table looks SOOOO much better. Some of the old stains still show through, but it looks good enough for me and my needs.
Thanks for the tutorial Jim!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIqFgl1UorM

Original tutorial here: http://weberkettleclub.com/blog/2017/02/20/weber-performer-table-restoration/

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Weber Performer Table Restoration
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 01:41:19 PM »
Haven’t laughed so much over a vid in a while. Great video, man. Funny, informative, and just all around good shit. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nolch01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 01:58:58 PM »
[emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Cellar2ful

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 02:37:27 PM »

Great video Troy. The facial close ups to drive home a point is a nice touch.  I don't know if it was your intention but this has to be your funniest video yet. I like that kind of shit.  Did I mention I used a dust brush? 
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 04:26:02 PM »
Nice work Troy. The sars mask made me lol.

Wanted: Burgundy 18"

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 07:32:39 PM »
I'm with jim this video had me laughing. "Cuz I like that shit" "it's being a stubborn little bitch" that's my favorite part of your videos, you being you. There's a lot of people who are very PG in their videos and let's be honest what adult and/or young adult has a PG vocab. Also what editing program do you use?

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 07:43:38 PM »
Plus: Good, informative video with a sense of humor.

Minus: No brats were flipped in the making of this video.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 01:48:51 AM »

Great video Troy. The facial close ups to drive home a point is a nice touch.  I don't know if it was your intention but this has to be your funniest video yet. I like that kind of shit.  Did I mention I used a dust brush?

Heck no. I thought this one would be boring, that's why I didn't wear my hat (plus I was backlit and it'd make my face look even more weird)
Man, the dust brush. I *ALMOST* grabbed a power sander....

I'm kind of wishing I had spent another 10 minutes on that stain, but now that I realize I used the wrong 303 spray anyway I might try a new approach.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2017, 01:52:04 AM »
I'm with jim this video had me laughing. "Cuz I like that shit" "it's being a stubborn little bitch" that's my favorite part of your videos, you being you. There's a lot of people who are very PG in their videos and let's be honest what adult and/or young adult has a PG vocab. Also what editing program do you use?

Gotta stay true to myself :)
I'm currently using Power Director 15

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2017, 04:21:27 AM »
Another grate video which had me laughing as well
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2017, 05:39:20 AM »
@Troy - which 303 did you use? I've used it for years on my cars and have always bought it at boating stores. I had no idea there were different versions.

The one I am used to is the aerospace protectant.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 06:30:51 AM »
Owning a houseboat, I found that marine products and paints are formulated to withstand the more severe conditions of marine environments.  UV reflections off the water shorten the life span of almost everything. I have always purchased my 303 Protectant from West Marine.  The bottle is white and is labeled Marine/Recreational UV Protectant. .  I am not familiar with the black bottle you used @Troy .   Not sure if the two are different formulas or are packaged differently for marketing purposes.  The black bottle says for automotive applications.  Online, the two appear to be priced almost the same.

@Neil_VT00 - I believe the older bottles were labeled 303 Aerospace Protectant.  They are all probably the same formula.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 06:33:24 AM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2017, 06:35:12 AM »
Great video Troy. Nice SARS mask 🤣

Sent from my SM-G892A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2017, 06:49:43 AM »
Makes sense Jim. I haven't bought it in a while. I always used to buy it at Boat US or West Marine.

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2017, 07:01:03 AM »
Another great video!  Thanks @Troy and @Cellar2ful now I can restore my side table!
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!