Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Baby Back Maniac red kettle update  (Read 5158 times)

RemoGaggi

• Smokey Joe
Re: Baby Back Maniac red kettle update
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2017, 09:23:44 PM »
Fwiw,  I'm pretty sure that the CSR was correct.   While it's a single identifiable piece, it's not a single part to Weber.  It only comes as part of the kit.  Sima thing would probably happen if you tried to get a single fin replaced as it doesn't look Iike it has an individual  part number either.

My frustration wasn't that the single piece doesn't have a part number.  My frustration was that she wouldn't listen to me that I was not calling about a grill that was missing a piece, that it was a piece from a replacement part.  I kept telling her this and she kept asking me what grill I had.  My point is that it should not have taken such a long time for her to know that some individual parts are not available or at least be able to look up part #7444 immediately and be able to tell that that the "H" washer is not available separately.  I was actually trying to save Weber (and Amazon) some money by saving them both the trouble and expense, albeit minor, of return shipping costs and ultimately the return from Amazon to Weber. 
18" Middy & 26" Kettle, SnS, Summit S-620, Broilmaster D3CP

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Baby Back Maniac red kettle update
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2017, 07:56:06 AM »
... I kept telling her this and she kept asking me what grill I had. ...

They are robots, not allowed to use any judgement. Gotta follow the script.

It's the same sort of short-sightedness that requires Walmart and Target to ID an obviously elderly man for a beer purchase. "Because somebody will make a mistake some day and sell it to a minor." .... without any hint of wonder about how such a staffer would come to be employed in the first place.

It's a form of not having to do the hard work of training.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch