Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Accessories  (Read 1976 times)

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Accessories
« on: October 01, 2017, 08:03:16 PM »
What's the coolest vintage (80s and older) bbq accessories. Doesnt have to be weber but like the weenie wheel just those cool old things

fedex

• WKC Ranger
Re: Accessories
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 10:43:21 PM »
Steak Knives are neat if you can find them but Condiment Holder is one of my favorites.  Would be nice if Weber brought that back.
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 02:17:39 AM »
Corn n tater ring is pretty cool
And the elevated half Grill
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 03:37:58 AM by Kneab »
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Himey

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 05:56:12 AM »
fedex do you have a pic of the condiment holder? I can't picture what it looks like.

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 06:09:16 AM »

And here is one on my 1978 faded black MBH

Super cool item if you can find it.
I have only seen 3-4 in The Netherlands here and that includes the 2 that I have now !

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 06:31:48 AM »
They have re pops on eBay

Himey

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 06:46:58 AM »
I wasn't sure if what I bought was called condiment holder but your pic verifies it. I bought a kettle that was junk for $20 just so I could get two condiment holders, a tool holder and two wire baskets that look almost new.

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 06:55:42 AM »
That’s how to do it !

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 04:05:20 PM »
I’ve been known to buy and gift a kettle or two, for the accessories that were with it.
Still need a 22” yellow

glend123

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2017, 05:05:33 AM »
How about a rotisserie tumbler?

Sent from my XT1254 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
22" yellow kettle, 26" brown kettle, 26" Black kettle, 22" Blue kettle, 22" red performer, 18" smoker, Ranger

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2017, 05:48:51 AM »

How about a rotisserie tumbler?

Sent from my XT1254 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Totally cool!

Cajun Bandit currently sells a similar flat basket and I'm really thinking of getting one. That tumbler basket is really cool! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2017, 01:02:34 PM »
The tumble basket is cool I wanna get one for veggies and a flat one to do tri tip not smaller pork loins

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2017, 12:27:52 PM »
I picked up some WEBER (made in Japan) tools (spatula, tongs, and I think something else that are stainless with wood on the handle portion).  I don't know what year , but they are pretty cool looking. Picked them up at a thrift store or a garage sale, don't remember, but they are matching. Later, I saw an older basting brush that wasn't matching at a thrift store.  Probably not as old, but looked really clean (perhaps never used) for having those horsehair like strands or whatever they are. I'll take some pics of the ones I got and post them later as you guys might enjoy them

I just bought a brown offset handle SJ at a garage sale.  Has the three individual legs mounted with a thumbscrew.  Guy said he's never used it and it's been sitting in his garage forever.  Was clean as a whistle, except the lower grill for the coals is a bit rusty and some very light rust on the 3 tubular legs. 

A couple years back, I bought a different offset handle SJ at a flea market that was in the box & never put together.  Don't remember the color (I haven't put it together).  Box was fairly messed up, some evidence of water & a mouse or something nibbled at the instructions.  Also rust on the lower grill for the coals.  This one had the 3 legs that have loops on the end for the feet and (if memory serves) maybe a triangular piece that goes through the loops. 

I'll get some pics of those in a new post when I get a chance.  I'm not certain if I'll tell you guys what I paid for them as you may hate me.  I picked them up because they were cool looking & cheap. 

Was surprised nobody used my username for this site previously.

A classmate, from grade school & high school, had a father that was some sort of big wig at Weber (the family seemed to have lots of money anyway).  I believe I asked about him when I got someone over at Weber to give me the year the grill in the box was from (they could tell from the logo on the box).  If memory serves, he was involved in sales.  Maybe a regional sales manager or something and had been retired for many years. 

Even when I'm "grilling", I generally use my Smokey Mountain & use the center part & top grill as a base for the bottom & the top.  After seeing this site, I'm tempted to see if I can score a full size older one where the porcelain is in decent shape and in a cool color.
regards,
Hal