Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I must live in a Weber dead zone  (Read 2188 times)

namtrag

• WKC Brave
I must live in a Weber dead zone
« on: September 27, 2017, 01:35:30 PM »
I see score after score on here by people, but here where I live, I don't think I have ever seen any vintage Weber gear for sale on CL, much less seen any in use around town.  The area is about 2 million people too.  I feel bad that I can't seem to find anything but black 2 year old grills on CL.   

Thanks for letting me cry.

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
Re: I must live in a Weber dead zone
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 01:38:21 PM »
It will Happen. Trust me I feel the same way sometimes . Sometimes it's not about what u find on the internet . U gotta search man!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

namtrag

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 01:53:04 PM »
I need to become one of those lurkers you see driving slowly through your neighborhood.  lol  Might spot some curbside stuff to save!

namtrag

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 01:55:34 PM »
Haha, I just logged in on Craigslist and spotted this:  is it a score, considering my wife want us to get a gasser for her (she likes charcoal, but only if I do it lol)???

https://norfolk.craigslist.org/app/d/weber-grill/6323438855.html

Looks pretty rusty if you zoom in, though :(

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 02:25:24 PM »
@Dc_smoke309 said it. It will come. I've been at it for a while, and still have a pretty modest collection. Compared to a lot of guys on this site. Gotta remember, there are hundreds of active members all over the globe here. A find or two a day, is bound to pop up.
Still need a 22” yellow

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 02:26:01 PM »
That is a nice gasser, with an even better price tag.
Still need a 22” yellow

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 02:34:00 PM »
I just scored a free performer . It was in the mayors back yard i said . Hey what u doing with that old grill back there . He said let me help you load it up ya the table top is toast but I'll re do that with a little barn wood .  Point is that I saved it from sitting there another ten years rotting into the dirt.

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 02:43:15 PM »
Anything possible my friend

greendoorchad

• Smokey Joe
I must live in a Weber dead zone
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 02:44:33 PM »
What happened to that table? Wow!

steveOH

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 02:57:38 PM »
I rarely see any vintage but lots of new.  I own 5 webers and only 2 of those are vintage.  I have no issues with new ones though.

namtrag

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 06:18:27 PM »
Looks like Bigfoot tore that table!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2017, 06:48:33 PM »
That gasser is a steal

Give it time then it will rain

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2017, 07:49:50 PM »
Today, restricting yourself to Craigslist is foolish. Letgo, Offerup, Facebook Marketplace are all needed today.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2017, 03:50:33 AM »
I see score after score on here by people, but here where I live, I don't think I have ever seen any vintage Weber gear for sale on CL, much less seen any in use around town.  The area is about 2 million people too.  I feel bad that I can't seem to find anything but black 2 year old grills on CL.   

Thanks for letting me cry.

Well then keep an eye out for any cast aluminum Charcoal Grills like the PK Grill, Char-Broil, Patio Pal, Club etc. that I am unable to find in my area (Pacific Northwest) and buddy we'll make you a deal!!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

MDurso

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2017, 05:32:35 AM »
Interesting around Chicago, they seem to come and go.  Most in black, then the rest, you have to be very diligent, right place/right time.  And even if you are ahead of the Jawas on garbage night, rarely do I see any Webers (or grills for that mater) curbside.  Only one did I ever see -I happened to be driving by and that's how I picked up my Statesman.  It must have been out there are 15 minutes or so.

Yet you can drive all over, particularly in the older suburbs, and see a few here and there -and people don't want to give them up.  It's always "well.. you never know."  Or "I grill all the time" which actually means July 4th only.

In the music world, it's referred to as  GAS -Gear Acquisition Syndrome.  You see a guitar or amp, maybe it's coming out soon, maybe it's vintage, maybe someone says "look at the guitar I bought!" and then you're struck with the bug and start jonesin' for one yourself.

Fortunately I have tempered it down to GASOO.  Gear Acquisition Syndrome of Opportunity.  Just keep your eyes peeled, be diligent, have $$ ready.  Educate yourself on prices, details, etc and it WILL happen.  And most often, you will be exceptionally pleased with your purchase with no buyer's remorse.

Good Luck!
Inventor of things: labelers, automation, currency and counterfeit, cooking, gaming, tech industry, and medical.