Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pulled Pork with a cool trick  (Read 2771 times)

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
Re: Pulled Pork with a cool trick
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2017, 04:15:57 AM »
Pork looks great!

What's your opinion on the Smoke EZ?  I have been playing with mine this summer and I'm still not sold.  I had drums for years and they just seem like less work than the Smoke EZ.  I'm not necessarily bashing it, BTW.

I like it, butt it is somewhat cumbersome if you have to reload fuel. One thing that's a very important mod is get a larger water pan. I went to a restaurant supply store and bought an 18" stainless steel mixing bowl to replace the tiny one supplied. I cover it with aluminum foil, and use it as a heat baffle. No water.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2017, 06:33:59 PM »
That rolling pin tip is brilliant. Thanks for sharing!!

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2017, 03:21:15 AM »
That rolling pin tip is brilliant. Thanks for sharing!!

Thanks! It surely is a space saver, and reheats in no time in simmering water.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

BYBBQ

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2017, 06:20:54 AM »
Thanks for posting that trick
Jim

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2017, 08:28:22 AM »
Did you let it go uncovered in the pans until finished?  I like the idea of capturing the juices after 4 hours. Do you season or add anything once pulled?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2017, 12:17:52 PM »
Did you let it go uncovered in the pans until finished?  I like the idea of capturing the juices after 4 hours. Do you season or add anything once pulled?

Once I flip them into the pans, I let them rock with no foil until they get a nice bark, then @ 180 or so, these got foiled... it was getting late and had to rush things along a bit. Most times, I don't foil. When I pull, I add the de-fatted juice in, and some Tiger Sauce. I always pull by hand and pluck out the fatty globules.