Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Performer Generational Compatibility  (Read 1039 times)

SacramentoWeber

• WKC Brave
Performer Generational Compatibility
« on: September 19, 2017, 11:25:08 AM »
Do Gen 3 bowls fit in SSPs without modifications?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

charred

• WKC Performer
Re: Performer Generational Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 11:36:04 AM »
Pretty sure all Performer bowls are the same.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 12:29:15 PM »
Roger that. Any 22.5 Performer bowl, or Platinum bowl for that matter, (except for the twin-table front-loader version) can be swapped into any gen frame. With added brackets, you can make any 22.5 bowl fit. If you want gas assist that can be added too, but with Weber cubes so cheap why bother?
Retired

northwestkettle

• WKC Ranger
Performer Generational Compatibility
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 12:50:14 PM »
Only thing I've noticed is at least on the gen 4 when installing a gen 3 bowl the ash sweep and pan handle end up turned slightly to the right where the gen 4 pointed strait out at u I think same is true on gen 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 12:55:08 PM by northwestkettle »
BBQ to live live to BBQ

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 04:43:41 PM »
Only thing I've noticed is at least on the gen 4 when installing a gen 3 bowl the ash sweep and pan handle end up turned slightly to the right where the gen 4 pointed strait out at u I think same is true on gen 2

It does seem in your pictures that the leg sockets have been rotated back "leftwards" (viewed level with the bowl) since 2015 (Get 4). I rock the 2015 ash bowl design on my '92 Performer and the ash bowl handle is slightly angled rightwards, not perpendicular to the frame.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch