Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Suspicious package  (Read 3095 times)

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: Suspicious package
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 11:02:48 AM »
Wow the suspense.......

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2017, 11:11:38 AM »
Boy, can't wait to see!!

Mkrause

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2017, 01:57:29 PM »
Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock... Finally made it home! Is it really a smokey joe!?!?Looks like it!And then i notice this! Seriously @JEBIV, i can't thank you enough. Kettle karma has come my way and I'll be sure to keep passing it along. I think it had something to do with this.it sure is pretty! This place is amazing! Thanks again Joe! And Jeff.. i know you had something to do with this, thanks so much.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2017, 02:37:02 PM »
Pretty neat gift. Klein tools are sweet.

Years ago when I worked at a stereo store all the installers used a Klein 1005. "Get you one of these. Do not get anything else that merely looks like this" was what I was told. They were right. It doesn't look like much but for cutting small wires and crimping small butt connectors there remains none better. Does a better-than-decent job stripping the insulation off, also.

One of these days I'll find where I misplaced mine.  ::)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2017, 02:47:04 PM »
That is amazing! Such a great community here.

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2017, 02:48:42 PM »
That is super nice!!! Really cool.

Mkrause

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2017, 03:01:59 PM »
Pretty neat gift. Klein tools are sweet.

Years ago when I worked at a stereo store all the installers used a Klein 1005. "Get you one of these. Do not get anything else that merely looks like this" was what I was told. They were right. It doesn't look like much but for cutting small wires and crimping small butt connectors there remains none better. Does a better-than-decent job stripping the insulation off, also.

One of these days I'll find where I misplaced mine.  ::)
Klein is definitely the standard for electrical tools. Funny story about those... back when i started as an apprentice, the first company i worked for would give a list of tools you need to have. One thing on the list was "T & B  Buchanan crimpers". I searched high and low for these and finally special ordered them from somewhere and paid a premium. I went months without using them and finally asked my journeyman what the purpose of this tool was and explained how hard they were to find. He  pulls out some klein crimpers that are identical to what i had except my handles were black and orange instead of red. He then lets me know that the kleins are readily available at any supply house for a fraction of the price. Turns out, my fancy "T & B Buchanan" crimpers were just rebranded kleins. Buchanan is actually the small copper ring that is used to crimp bare copper wires (what you use the "non-insul" part of the crimper for) i still have those 15 years later and sort of chuckle about how "green" i was at one time every time I see them in the retired tools drawer.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 03:15:09 PM by Mkrause »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2017, 03:10:56 PM »
I love my Klein tools I used them working on my electric kettle just to be correct.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Mkrause

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2017, 03:17:58 PM »
I love my Klein tools I used them working on my electric kettle just to be correct.
The "tesla" is super cool!

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 04:11:07 PM »
@Mkrause this is all @JEBIV, only thing I did was give him your address.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Mkrause

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2017, 05:20:57 PM »
So what's the deal with @Cellar2ful suspicious package??

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2017, 05:23:02 PM »

Uh-oh.......  UPS just dropped a package at my front door and it's from @JEBIV too .  Is Joe trying to thin the competition? I'm gona wait till you open your package @Mkrause. I still have some friends in the EOD unit. Might have them swing by with the ordinance sniffing dog. Leaving it on the front porch for now.

Did you open your secret package yet?

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2017, 05:59:16 PM »
This was awesome to read. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

cumminfourya

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2017, 06:38:38 PM »
Just awesome!!! This place kicks ass!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cellar2ful

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2017, 06:58:00 PM »
@Mkrause  &  @mhiszem

lol - My package was a purchase from JEBIV. It just happened to be delivered on the same day.  Talking with Joe behind the scenes, seemed like a good opportunity to create a little head scratching for Mkrause.   Here's what my box contained:

@JEBIV - I had to steal an ash pan off of another SJ for the photo.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 06:59:48 PM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"