Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First rotisserie cook  (Read 937 times)

Joetee

• WKC Brave
First rotisserie cook
« on: September 17, 2017, 12:46:26 PM »
My first rotisserie cook with the Cajon bandit report.
Two 5 1/5 # chickens.
Rubbed both with coshire salt and a little fresh ground pepper about 9 am.
Just before cooking at around 2:30pm I rubbed one with lemon pepper seasoning and the other with roasted garlic and herb seasoning.
Took some aluminum tape that is used for sealing HVAC ducks and covered the extra holes and openings in the rotisserie housing.
Placed a Weber basket on each side of the charcoal grate full of Stubb's.
Placed the cooking grate on and put a large aluminum baking pans under the chickens with oil, potatoes, garlic, and about 1/4 inch of water in it. The potatoes came out awesome as well.
It started out at about 400° and went down to about 275. Cooked for a couple hrs.
Came out real juicy and well done. Very good.
Next time I'm gonna try my SnS basket to try and keep the temp hoter. Just would stay hot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: First rotisserie cook
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 03:37:10 PM »
The few times I've used a rotisserie the advice I have is don't worry about covering the holes and gaps with tape or gaskets. Run the 2 baskets with the vents wide open and skip using the cooking grate unless you need it for more cooking space. Keep at it and if you got em post some pics of that bad boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.