Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Seeing the summit and wsm 22 first time  (Read 2045 times)

nitis

• WKC Brave
Re: Seeing the summit and wsm 22 first time
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2017, 09:08:24 PM »
500 seems very very low to me just think how much they have invested just in engineering and design

I wonder how many Alliance dealers there are I would bet they would have to have done at least 2 for each storefront
2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground

zachlw

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2017, 04:30:52 AM »
500 seems very very low to me just think how much they have invested just in engineering and design

I wonder how many Alliance dealers there are I would bet they would have to have done at least 2 for each storefront

I'm at an alliance dealer in Canada, each of the three stores in our company have at least 2 on display and a burn unit apiece. Decent enough stock for selling too, probably 3 or 4 each store.

I think the 500 rumour is likely just that.
I'm basically the Hank Hill of charcoal.

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2017, 04:46:03 AM »
how valid is the number that zero units have been sold in the US>

i would think the sold units would not be high..but ZERO???

Grills

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2017, 05:44:29 AM »

how valid is the number that zero units have been sold in the US>

i would think the sold units would not be high..but ZERO???

I wasn't referring to how many units have been sold in the US. I was talking about how many units that individual store in the Indianapolis area has sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2017, 07:04:58 PM »
0 is pretty amazing, considering everyone and their brother in the state of GA has an Egg....essentially a $1000 proposition for one of those.

Sure, but BGE has a 44 year head start selling kamado cookers. First time I ever heard about them was when after I moved there in 2000. Saw a sign at a little store out on a rural road middle of nowhere. Weber won't that kind of reach; they aren't in that market, not that BGE is anymore, either.

I know we all talked about this last year, but the Summit Charcoal isn't a me-too kamado competitor, despite the fact it likely gets crossed-shopped against them.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch