Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My son got a kettle  (Read 1478 times)

namtrag

• WKC Brave
My son got a kettle
« on: September 13, 2017, 10:05:05 AM »
My son and his future bride moved to Denver, and now that they don't have a restriction on having a grill, my son bought the base model kettle.  His future father in law and I had him convinced earlier this summer when he tasted some stuff we cooked on ours!

Here is a pic of me and my son getting ready to cook on it for the first time:  we cooked some chicken breasts and zucchini and yellow squash slices.

[attachment deleted by admin]

MDurso

• WKC Brave
Re: My son got a kettle
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 10:05:50 AM »
".... and so it begins...."

Congrats on all accounts.
Inventor of things: labelers, automation, currency and counterfeit, cooking, gaming, tech industry, and medical.

namtrag

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 10:13:17 AM »
Yeah, I am trying to get him to join this forum.  I have learned so much being a member.

I also sent him the link to the BBQ Pit Boys youtube channel.lol

It was so cool that he got the grill.  We flew out to Colorado to do some backpacking, and my son picked us up at the airport and told me he had just finished assembling the grill, and did it just so he'd be able to have me there the first time he cooked on it so I could give him advice...that's very flattering considering I myself am a novice.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 10:28:17 AM »
Really loving this post right now!  Congrats to the bride and groom.  I hope you enjoy your time with your son.  Thanks for sharing.
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 10:57:04 AM »
Really loving this post right now!  Congrats to the bride and groom.  I hope you enjoy your time with your son.  Thanks for sharing.

Yes indeed! Congrats newlyweds! Glad he got started young... it will just keep getting bigger and better. Glad to see him using my favorite charcoal!  :)

Now go make a lovely meal for your bride, then go make some babies! Well, just a thought...
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 11:02:41 AM »
What To Go...that's just awesome!!

MDurso

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 11:07:11 AM »
Remember to tell him low and slow.
Inventor of things: labelers, automation, currency and counterfeit, cooking, gaming, tech industry, and medical.

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 01:09:57 PM »
That's great!  Passing along your knowledge and wisdom of the grill.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 02:01:47 PM »
Awesome! Great job, man. [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 02:14:31 PM »
The best rings to give the ladies worth keeping are smoke rings.
Congratulations to the newlyweds.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 11:11:58 AM »
Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 11:51:53 AM »
Make sure you tell the about the red rocks amphitheater. One of the best concert venues in the country
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 12:12:39 PM »
Make sure you tell the about the red rocks amphitheater. One of the best concert venues in the country

Yes! Never been but it's on my bucket list too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 03:14:53 PM »
When the in laws also cook on weber kettles, you know you've found the one. All of my brides family are avid weber kettle users and none have gas grills. Great story. Sounds like he is off to a good start.

One of my wife's uncles bought a house that came with a natural gas grill. He got rid of his weber.  A year later the natural gas grill was gone and a new weber kettle replaced it.

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2017, 06:25:25 PM »

When the in laws also cook on weber kettles, you know you've found the one. All of my brides family are avid weber kettle users and none have gas grills. Great story. Sounds like he is off to a good start.

One of my wife's uncles bought a house that came with a natural gas grill. He got rid of his weber.  A year later the natural gas grill was gone and a new weber kettle replaced it.

I enjoy a good redemption story

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.