Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Question for 26 owners  (Read 1009 times)

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
Question for 26 owners
« on: August 29, 2017, 05:18:43 AM »
I recently received a 26.75 kettle that I plan to make a mini ranch out of.  My question is vent placement.  Where is yours located?  The lid I received has the vent opposite of the thermometer.  I believe the vent will contact the bale if I try to use the bale like a hinge.  The pictures I see of completed minis have the vent to the right of the handle as you face the cooker.

Anyone run into this?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 06:35:13 AM by Bubblehead »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Question for 26 owners
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 07:07:13 AM »
I cook with the vent to the front and food to the front. My thermometer is to the side though. You can move the thermometer and plug the hole with a stainless nut and bolt and place it where you like. @kemmons has a 26 with a thermometer mounted down low below the vent. Makes sense to me but I haven't moved mine yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

fljoemon

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 07:13:49 AM »
Mine is exactly like you describe ...

pic3" border="0

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 11:13:42 AM »
I turned my vent tab towards the handle. Seems to stop it from grabbing the lid bale. I'll also turn the whole lid about 90 degrees so they run across the grill from left to right to prevent that too. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 07:04:27 AM »
Thanks for the replies.  After reading Chasing_smoke's reply, I shall move forward!