Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Simpsons edition 22" Weber kettle letgo find!  (Read 2087 times)

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
Simpsons edition 22" Weber kettle letgo find!
« on: August 18, 2017, 12:55:34 PM »

Pretty excited about my find today, I was at work on my lunch break scrolling through Letgo and I found this beauty. Post was originally 60$ . I messaged the lady and she said that she would take 40 she just wanted it gone .... NO Problem. After work I drove 20 minutes to pick it up. I handed her the money she said,  guess you really have to like Homer Simpson huh. Hahaha!!!

Gonna take me while to get it cleaned up, this thing is a mess. I scraped the caked off stuff on the inside. It should clean up real nice .

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
Re: Simpsons edition 22" Weber kettle letgo find!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 03:21:38 PM »
Nice find!  Great price!
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 10:16:44 AM »
It's neat!

mvnolantx

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 09:21:24 AM »
So, I have had one these for 20 years now.  Are they really that rare?  Mine has always been garage kept, and is in pretty decent shape, a bare spot or two on the bottom.  I don't want to sell it, but was going to replace it since one of the legs is bent.  Am I better off to attempt to restore it?  Can you get replacement legs?  It still works, the leg just has a crease where it bent once, so I have to be very easy moving it around.  I had the little homer one too, but I think it got lost in a move.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 12:22:43 AM »
So, I have had one these for 20 years now.  Are they really that rare?  Mine has always been garage kept, and is in pretty decent shape, a bare spot or two on the bottom.  I don't want to sell it, but was going to replace it since one of the legs is bent.  Am I better off to attempt to restore it?  Can you get replacement legs?  It still works, the leg just has a crease where it bent once, so I have to be very easy moving it around.  I had the little homer one too, but I think it got lost in a move.

If you really dig it, get on Craigslist and pick up a cheap clean black one for under $40 and swap out the shiny clean parts onto your Simpson's and then sell the black one after buffing what you will on the Simpson's parts you replaced for close to the same that you paid for it.  It'll be much cheaper than buying piece by piece to restore.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

james1787

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 05:11:57 AM »
I would think you could either get a replacement leg from Weber... or there are people here who have spare parts that may have a spare leg.
Seeking either 56-58 anything or Westerner

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 07:29:36 AM »
Ereplacementparts.com
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

Speedster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 09:41:25 AM »
Doh.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Webers rule