Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Thoughts on the Performer Charcoal Grill 22"  (Read 899 times)

Shenandoahsmoker

• Smokey Joe
Thoughts on the Performer Charcoal Grill 22"
« on: August 18, 2017, 11:31:03 AM »
I was taking a look at the Performer grill (Part #15301001) last night as a possible new addition to the family. Footprint is not much bigger then a OTG or Premium 22". Seems to be more stable due to the 4 points of contact and frame work. It provides a convenient side table that can be folded out of the way if not being utilized.

I'm looking for feedback from members that own or have owned in the past one of these grills.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Re: Thoughts on the Performer Charcoal Grill 22"
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 11:52:38 AM »
I have one.  It's become my workhorse at work.  I love how easy it is to store and roll over uneven pavement and I love the metal table for ease of wiping clean.
As a matter of fact if it was between a full sized Performer with the plastic table and this with the metal table I'd take this.
Last year I was all about the gas assist on the full sized Performers but now I've come to appreciate using Weber lighting cubes.  Whenever I used the gas assist I'd worry that I'm using too much gas.  With the lighter cubes I don't sweat it as the cost of a cube is only about 12-15 cents.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Shenandoahsmoker

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 12:38:30 PM »
How do you like the build quality and hardware of the folding table? That seems it may be a concern due to the elements and the metal hardware.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 01:05:17 PM »
How do you like the build quality and hardware of the folding table? That seems it may be a concern due to the elements and the metal hardware.

It's the same material as whats on the newer Performers.

Here's how I'd rank-

1) Second Gen Performer with metal table upgrade

2) New performer full size with metal table

3) Performer Model 15301001 with the fold down metal table

4) Any performer with the plastic table[/size]

« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 01:45:19 AM by captjoe06 »
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 05:22:25 PM »
I was taking a look at the Performer grill (Part #15301001) last night as a possible new addition to the family. Footprint is not much bigger then a OTG or Premium 22". Seems to be more stable due to the 4 points of contact and frame work. It provides a convenient side table that can be folded out of the way if not being utilized.

I'm looking for feedback from members that own or have owned in the past one of these grills.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions.

You're right- more stable and easier to move w/ work space w/o a much bigger footprint than a OTG.

I also find the cubes a better deal than the gas- light it and go prep food. Nothing to shut off (or forget to shut off).
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers