Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Steak and Bok Choy  (Read 1339 times)

clarissa

• WKC Brave
Steak and Bok Choy
« on: August 14, 2017, 02:17:58 PM »
Today I bought a box of Weber lighter cubes to try them out since they were on sale. One cube started my chimney nicely.

Made bok choy and stuffed mushrooms on the grill first, then seared my steaks. Everything was tasty and was done pretty much at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

TheKevman

• WKC Brave
Re: Steak and Bok Choy
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 06:00:47 PM »
Steaks look great! What's the story with the mushrooms? What are they stuffed with?

I picked up some Weber cubes a couple of weeks ago for my chimney starter. So far, I like them a heck of a lot more than newspaper--less smokey and easier to start. Easily worth the five bucks, I think.
A man who has an experience is never at the mercy of a man who has just a theory.

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 06:05:08 PM »
Great looking meal!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 11:40:53 AM »
Man, that looks grate!!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Pat G

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 11:43:57 AM »
Nice looking cook Clarissa.  We grew some bok choy in our spring garden this year.  I'm dying to know what you stuffed those mushrooms with.
Performer Deluxe(Copper), 26 Kettle OTG, 22 Kettle OTG, Jumbo Joe, 18WSM, 14WSM, Genesis Gold B(Redhead), Q1200, Charcoal Go Anywhere, Gas Go Anywhere, Kettle Pizza & Vortex, Smoke

clarissa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 02:49:51 PM »
Regarding the mushrooms......It was the first time I saw them in the produce section at my market. Already stuffed and according to the label....with a cheese blend, artichoke and spinach. So unfortunately I don't have the recipe. They were really very tasty, and if I see them again it will be a no-brainer to buy them.

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 01:02:46 PM »
Great looking cook, @clarissa .  What kind of pan is that with the 'schrooms & bok choy?

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

clarissa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 03:03:15 PM »

Great looking cook, @clarissa .  What kind of pan is that with the 'schrooms & bok choy?

BD

Thanks.  The food was very tasty. I got that pan at Walmart because it was just the right size for my Weber gourmet grill. It is just a generic brand flat bottom griddle but is 12" and fits perfectly.  Less than $10 and is metal similar to a standard wok. I am putting off the Weber accessories because of cost and have been looking for inexpensive alternates. This pan is deeper than the Weber griddle so it is versatile.

I just bought a 10" Lodge CI griddle that is completely flat and plan on doing breakfast items soon. Working on seasoning it first as recommended in this forum even tho it comes pre-seasoned.

feeshrman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 03:03:42 PM »
Looks wonderful. What did you use to season the bok Choy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk