Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: BBQ Dragon  (Read 1615 times)

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
BBQ Dragon
« on: August 06, 2017, 02:52:59 PM »
Has anyone used one of these? It's called a Chimney of insanity. Just wondered if it really works like they say? Seems to me that the only thing insane about it is the price. First you have to spend $30 on the chimney and then you have to spend another $35 on a battery powered fan that goes into the hole on the side and stokes the charcoal. $65 to start your charcoal?

https://www.amazon.com/BBQ-Dragon-Charcoal-Barbecue-Fireplaces/dp/B00FPZY92A/ref=pd_sim_86_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00FPZY92A&pd_rd_r=35VQ5DJN7238QZCJJQHJ&pd_rd_w=TnLMV&pd_rd_wg=gPF6m&psc=1&refRID=35VQ5DJN7238QZCJJQHJ

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7FO8F5/ref=abs_brd_tag_dp?smid=ARQQCMJXEWNXU

« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 06:58:58 PM by ramsfan »
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

fljoemon

• WKC Brave
Re: BBQ Dragon
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 03:56:43 PM »
I have one that I picked up on sale .. both of them cost me $45 .. do I really need it .. NO!

But .. it gets briquettes/lump ready to cook in about 10 mins. You can use anything that blows air on the chimney hole like a hair dryer/blower etc and save money .. or even concot your own chimney by adding a vent tube like they did .. for convenience this is hard to beat :-) I do use my BBQ Dragon fan on my other grills too (BGE).

Mkrause

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 05:53:05 PM »
I think it's worth 65 bucks for how badass it is... i mean, c'mon, "chimney of insanity"?? How cool is that just to say you have one...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 05:55:39 PM by Mkrause »

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
BBQ Dragon
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 06:38:39 AM »
I have it as well - and it does work as advertised. Time wise it beats everything but Cost wise I can't say same .

It's good for me as usually I miss my planned time to start the coal and then I need something in hurry [emoji4].

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for Colored 18 MBH

Mkrause

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 06:46:07 AM »
I have it as well - and it does work as advertised. Time wise it beats everything but Cost wise I can't say same .

It's good for me as usually I miss my planned time to start the coal and then I need something in hurry [emoji4].

I had this exact situation on Saturday. Time got away from me and i needed the smoker going ASAP.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Merkong

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 07:45:31 AM »
I stopped using the regular chimney in favor of the good old "pyramid stack".

Figure if it was good enough for the Egyptians well then what the heck.
"You're hungry? I'll fire up the grills..."

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 08:17:20 AM »
Be cool at night. I say get the whole setup.

Signed,

One of your enablers.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 08:34:51 AM »
@weldboy -  How are you liking yours?
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 08:49:55 AM »

@weldboy -  How are you liking yours?

I like the chimney. Don't use the fan all that often. It eats batteries very quickly

fljoemon

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2017, 10:16:20 AM »

I like the chimney. Don't use the fan all that often. It eats batteries very quickly

I bought some Eneloop rechargeable batteries from Costco .. much better as the fan uses batteries like crazy ...

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2017, 10:46:04 AM »

I bought some Eneloop rechargeable batteries from Costco .. much better as the fan uses batteries like crazy ...

That's a good idea