Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How long can cooked tri tip sit out for once cooked?  (Read 2046 times)

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
Re: How long can cooked tri tip sit out for once cooked?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 05:25:39 PM »
I'll be going camping and want to cook up some tri tips the morning I'm leaving and then eat them for dinner at camp about 8 hours later and serve about 20 plus people. If I wrap in foil after smoking and then put in a cooler will it be OK to eat and not refrigerate if we're eating 8 hours later? This is my preferred method because I know it'll turn out good.

Other option I'm thinking about is to smoke night before and pull meat about 20-25* before done and then finish off at camp on the picnic type BBQ's or possibly over the open fire at the camp site (not sure if there's grates over the fire). Just wondering if it's as good when reheating this way or it might get dried out.

Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Don't cut it up, it won't last ten minutes at my house!!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
Re: How long can cooked tri tip sit out for once cooked?
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2017, 11:26:33 AM »
I can't help but get a little pissed reading this. I'm sorry you had to turn out something you weren't 100% with. I hate it when folks try to hurry me. I've chewed more than 1 ass that has tried. I'd rather make someone wait till I serve them something I'm happy to serve. They can be pissed and bitch about having to wait. Better that then have them talking crap about you not being a good cook.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.