Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Help identify vintage kettle  (Read 777 times)

Rnh

• Happy Cooker
Help identify vintage kettle
« on: July 25, 2017, 01:06:32 PM »
Hi, first time on the site. Pretty cool forum have enjoyed looking around. Hoping to find some info on this grill, haven't found anything quite like it.
Thanks
Ryan

[attachment deleted by admin]

varekai

• WKC Ranger
Re: Help identify vintage kettle
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 01:07:56 PM »
NOT a Weber... pass, unless you're just really diggin it...

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 01:08:36 PM »
It's a Frankenstein grill, about 25% Weber.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 01:09:50 PM »
See here:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/show-us-your-26er!/msg285538/#msg285538

Here is the story of Sasquatch in Shaun's own words:

"I picked up this brown "26 bowl when I saw it on a scrap metal truck on my way home one day. Unfortunately it was missing two leg sockets, but I couldn't help myself with the challenge so I offered $10 and it was mine. The other problem was it had no lid and the scrapper had no idea where it was. It sat for about two years in my yard as I was deciding what to do with it. I toyed around with it a little here and there considering different ideas, colors etc. I even almost gave it away, but realized I really wanted to see this thing through. Finding a lid proved to be more challenging and expensive than I could have imagined. After running into several dead ends I asked my friend who owns a sheet metal business if he could help out. He referred me to a guy who did metal spinning, but believe me there's much more to metal spinning than I want to go into right now. The lid was painted with a high heat heater vent paint, and matched two-tone. Of course I also added the handle, lid holder and cool mini vent because it I think it looks better. The legs are an old chrome steel set and very rusty (just the way I like 'em). The wheels took a few patient years to hunt down. They are ridiculously heavy cast iron and have cool large hubcaps. The colors remind me of the old Weber emblem displayed on the pan. When I replaced the sockets I set them back a couple extra inches for that really old look to match the flat early fifties lid era. I fabbed the utensil pan out of stainless steel myself. I still have a couple more tweaks in the works. Anyways fter some trial and error, changes, late hours and other difficulties I bring you,

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/26-flattop-one-nice-looking-grill!/
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"