Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Glen Blue Barn Find 2017...In The Wild...  (Read 4734 times)

harris92

• WKC Performer
Glen Blue Barn Find 2017...In The Wild...
« on: July 08, 2017, 04:23:10 AM »
A few weeks ago, an agent and I spotted this grill in the wild (drones come in handy LOL). It was never advertised for sale.   When the owner of the grill purchased the house 30 years ago he found the kettle in the barn. The grill has been hanging out in the yard for the past 30 years and hasn't been used very much.

A deal has been struck. The kettle appears to be in pretty nice shape.

In the wild (WITH THE BARN) sweet thin blue smoke rolling off the brinkman smoke n pit

In the wild....

In the wild

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 04:28:13 AM by harris92 »

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Glen Blue Barn Find 2017...In The Wild...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 05:03:10 AM »
That poor thing just sitting out there all these years. They could have at least put a cover or tarp on it. Congrats on the find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 05:26:28 AM »
Now that’s a great find in the wild! Congrats!
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 05:50:00 AM »
Great find!!

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 05:54:32 AM »
Hmmm, I've got a drone. But all I see are gators here in FL. Heckuva find, great job.

In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 05:55:36 AM »
awesome find, I love these stories
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2017, 06:49:05 AM »
It was a cool save.  The owner was close to putting it out for recycle (according to him).  This grill will be going to a member who was looking for a Glen Blue kettle.   :D

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2017, 07:08:03 AM »
Cool!  The best things always seem to turn up in the most surprising places.

The propane barbecue in the background with that patterned Corelle bowl on the shelf brings back memories of this cottage my family used to rent when I was a kid.  The place had a barbecue like that one on the back porch and had a set of those dishes in the kitchen.  Granted, I never saw the window on the front of the lid that clean though!

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 07:12:26 AM »
Holy crap....tell me you weren't using a drone to look for Kettles. Either way that is one very cool find Stephen. If you did find that with a drone it looks like a good canopy of leaves is going on in that yard so  that must have been a mighty good pair of eyes on the monitor. Bravo I says. I love this board sometimes.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

johnny 2 shack

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2017, 07:12:59 AM »
awesome ! nice save ! whew that was close  .

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2017, 08:30:41 AM »
Yes, I know a few people who use a drone (kettle hunting is included in the use). I don't own a drone.  This grill was not initially spotted with a drone.  This grill was pending for about 3 weeks and  one of the guys I know with a drone wasn't too far.  He did a few fly overs a couple weeks ago.   :D

Holy crap....tell me you weren't using a drone to look for Kettles. Either way that is one very cool find Stephen. If you did find that with a drone it looks like a good canopy of leaves is going on in that yard so  that must have been a mighty good pair of eyes on the monitor. Bravo I says. I love this board sometimes.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2017, 08:33:07 AM »
Wow amazing find, @harris92.  Congratulations.

mattlillis73

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2017, 10:25:37 AM »
Using a drone to find kettles in backyards is a great idea. But have fun explaining to the homeowners how you know about the kettle. That might be uncomfortable conversation.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

BMP

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2017, 05:12:28 PM »
I think looking in people's backyards with drones, ladders, and really any other method you can think of, in order to find out what have, is a bunch of horse shit. The idea that you're looking to save something that you have an interest in is no excuse. It's an invasion of privacy. Just saying that's F'd up in my opinion.

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2017, 05:34:39 PM »
Actually, the grill was secured in the first day and the flyover was done more than a week later.  Since the grill was offered to me for FREE I don't think my buddy with the grill was too upset.

I think looking in people's backyards with drones, ladders, and really any other method you can think of, in order to find out what have, is a bunch of horse shit. The idea that you're looking to save something that you have an interest in is no excuse. It's an invasion of privacy. Just saying that's F'd up in my opinion.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 05:44:42 PM by harris92 »