Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How to approach?  (Read 2538 times)

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: How to approach?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2017, 10:28:00 AM »
Hope for the best @Mkrause keep us up to date.
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2017, 12:19:36 PM »
The best $50 gift certificate is a fifty dollar bill. It's universal. I wouldn't  offer less than that if I knocked on their door. I'd probably go to $100 or 2 maybe 3 for a good one, if they seemed indecisive . Funny Weber can produce a finish with a perfect little circle with an R in it, written in the porcelain. But all they produce is solids( Except for logos). The fades would sell. Wish they would open up a custom shop like Fender. Might be a nice job promotion for a dedicated employee. Haha, I can see it now pre-worn new kettles.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 12:22:33 PM by TD »

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2017, 12:32:21 PM »
Find out whats considered public domain in your area.

If you decide to take it arbitrarily make sure there's not an S&S inside first...Stanger things have happened
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2017, 02:41:17 PM »
I hope that doesn't get scrapped.
It looks like it may have steel wheels.
Best of  luck.
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2017, 04:08:28 PM »
10 bones? No way they can turn that down.

Sent from my VS987 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Mkrause

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2017, 04:25:28 PM »
Still haven't heard anything...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2017, 05:52:00 PM »
Hoping for the best

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Mkrause

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2017, 05:52:26 PM »
The best $50 gift certificate is a fifty dollar bill. It's universal. I wouldn't  offer less than that if I knocked on their door. I'd probably go to $100 or 2 maybe 3 for a good one, if they seemed indecisive . Funny Weber can produce a finish with a perfect little circle with an R in it, written in the porcelain. But all they produce is solids( Except for logos). The fades would sell. Wish they would open up a custom shop like Fender. Might be a nice job promotion for a dedicated employee. Haha, I can see it now pre-worn new kettles.
I'm not trying to buy it (for more than a few bucks)... just trying to save it from the trash, if that's where it's going. Who knows, maybe they used that one the night before and it didn't get put back in the garage with the rest of the collection. If that's the case, cool. Maybe they were going to throw it out and realized it may be worth something since someone took interest in it. I guess that's a better outcome than ending up in the scrapper's truck. A custom shop would be cool. I guess they must have some sort of customising capabilities since they can put logos on as promo items. You'd think they'd open it up to the public. They do it for shoes which seems like it would be a PITA. Why not do it for kettles? It's only one part of the production process... not like every part would be different or custom.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 06:05:50 PM by Mkrause »

Mkrause

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2017, 03:15:08 AM »
Drove by this morning, note was gone and kettle is not by the trash cans. Guess it wasn't going to the curb after all.

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2017, 03:16:39 AM »
At least you know you tried.

UserGone

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2017, 05:42:30 AM »
Either way, You saved it from being left out too close to the trash can. Congrats. Now that scrap man can't take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app