Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How to approach?  (Read 2540 times)

Mkrause

• WKC Brave
How to approach?
« on: July 06, 2017, 08:08:22 AM »
I guess first of all, wouldn't you assume this is waiting for trash day? They have alley pickup and this is sitting about 10 feet away from where they would put their garbage for the trucks to come. It doesn't appear that anyone is home but i was thinking about knocking and leaving a note. If this gets put out the scrappers are gonna get it for sure. But what do you say? I was thinking of offering 10 bucks for it. But if they don't agree to it on the spot, chances are that they'll google it and think that they have a small fortune on their hands.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: How to approach?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 08:10:24 AM »
Looks to be in decent shape. Never hurts to ask if they will sell it. You never know. Could offer up a used black 22

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 08:22:14 AM »
Either way I'd hate to see it in a dump. I'd ask if they are tossing it out. If they say no then see if you can buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Mkrause

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 08:27:01 AM »
Either way I'd hate to see it in a dump. I'd ask if they are tossing it out. If they say no then see if you can buy it.

That's my thing, i don't really want it for myself as much as i don't want to see it go to the scrap yard

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
How to approach?
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 08:37:15 AM »

Good man, please Rescue. 

UserGone

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 09:03:54 AM »
I think that is a common place to park a Weber between uses. Along side a house, garage, driveway, fence. It's in its natural habitat like recently mentioned on another post.
It's also the same place I see garbage cans placed, alone side house, garage, fence..
Maybe I shouldn't park too close to my trash can anymore. Someone might think I'm throwing my car away.
 Seriously, I've had a few of those " Rawhide donate your car" for troubled teens fund brochures placed on my car window before.

This gives me an idea. Light bulb. We should create a brochure for donating your old Weber Kettle and receive a $50 certificate towards a new Weber. Included in the full color brochure would be the WKC logo and a collage of abused old Weber kettles being rescued and restored.

Then a local member can include his contact info on a blank space and drop off the brochure.
When they call, you show up to pick up the old Weber and drop off a $50 gift certificate to be used at your local Weber dealer.

This $50 gift certificate would be purchased by the member willing to pick up said kettle.

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 09:22:31 AM »
@Mkrause The RRR oath you swore (even tho you may not remember doing so) requires you inquire about that grill! :)
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 09:23:47 AM »
If you buy it for $10 I will double your money.   :)
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

james1787

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 09:30:00 AM »
I think it doesn't hurt to ask. It could be its normal storage spot.. next to the garbage cans.. or it could be ready to go to the garbage dump. You aren't going to know unless you knock on the door or leave a note.

On my street.. our garbage cans normally live next to the house and only get taken out to the curb on trash pickup day.
Seeking either 56-58 anything or Westerner

Mkrause

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 09:42:08 AM »
I think that is a common place to park a Weber between uses. Along side a house, garage, driveway, fence. It's in its natural habitat like recently mentioned on another post.
It's also the same place I see garbage cans placed, alone side house, garage, fence..
Maybe I shouldn't park too close to my trash can anymore. Someone might think I'm throwing my car away.
 Seriously, I've had a few of those " Rawhide donate your car" for troubled teens fund brochures placed on my car window before.

This gives me an idea. Light bulb. We should create a brochure for donating your old Weber Kettle and receive a $50 certificate towards a new Weber. Included in the full color brochure would be the WKC logo and a collage of abused old Weber kettles being rescued and restored.

Then a local member can include his contact info on a blank space and drop off the brochure.
When they call, you show up to pick up the old Weber and drop off a $50 gift certificate to be used at your local Weber dealer.

This $50 gift certificate would be purchased by the member willing to pick up said kettle.

I agree with this usually but they have a fenced in yard and that is sitting outside of the fence near an alley.

Mkrause

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 09:48:03 AM »
I did go up and knock, no answer. So i left a note that basically said if it's going out for trash day that i could make use of it... so we'll see. But it's funny how many sad kettles you start to notice...cue the Sarah McLaughlin music [emoji445]

UserGone

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2017, 09:49:11 AM »
Outside the fence.. Well then that settles it. It's fair game if your from Texas. If the horse is found outside the fence, it's FREE.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2017, 09:49:58 AM »
Hope they get the note before trash comes. Did you happen to peak in the grill. Look like recent use or it's sat a while?

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

WhaleinaTeardrop

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2017, 09:55:56 AM »
That's a tough one; I'm from Chicago so anything actually IN the alley or on the curb is fair game.

In this case, I think you did the right thing, especially as it's right after a holiday, they may have finished late, had a few too many festive beverages or asked/told a kid to put it away and have no idea that their baby isn't in it's rightful resting place.

Mkrause

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2017, 10:12:42 AM »
Hope they get the note before trash comes. Did you happen to peak in the grill. Look like recent use or it's sat a while?

Their trash day is delayed until Saturday with the holiday this week so hopefully someone sees it. And no, i didn't look inside.