Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Clean up day!!  (Read 1222 times)

CarrieAnn

• WKC Brave
Clean up day!!
« on: July 15, 2017, 11:59:36 AM »
Everyone is out and it's just me and the dogs so I guess it was finally time to clean up the grills.

My performer went first.

While I admire you all that clean your grills to surgical sterility, mine are cookers not lookers and "good enough" is the standard I was shooting for.

Old girl got some new bling too -- SS grate.

Since I was already grimy, I figured I'd work on my WSM. She's a lovely old gal but she's been ride hard and left wet. I have a hell of a time keeping temps low enough on her. One reason is this in the bottom bowl.

So I hit it with a little high heat silicone, the kind you use on pellet stoves.

This old gal also got some bling--

And something even more precious to let her know I still believe she has a lot to give.

I pulled out the HC I got off CL that I plan to make into a dedicated Pizza Kettle. That's a pretty nice grill. Really solid and heavy. And with the coveted ash pan. She was missing a grate so she got a hand me down from the performer and a little spit and polish.

Then I took a family shot since the likelihood of them ever all being clean again is slim or none and slim ain't looking too good.

My Genny is up on the deck where she is convenient to weeknight quick cooks. And the setup on the right are my Dutch ovens. I love cooking outdoors in them as well. At a DOG (Dutch oven gathering) I recently attended one of the couples there used the garbage can feed pan setup and loaned me one of their's to use. I was ready to buy a Dutch oven table until I used that sweet little setup.

Now I just need to return the replacement grates I get for the Genny (thought they were the CI ones, they aren't) and get the right ones and get a screw so I can replace the handle on the HC.

And have a cocktail and a nap as I am plumb wore out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Clean up day!!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 12:18:56 PM »
Very nice work, @CarrieAnn.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 12:50:32 PM »
Nice shot!

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 12:54:21 PM »
@CarrieAnn , Those look plenty clean to me! I have an extra set of CI grates for that old Genni (I think  :-\ ). PM if you want to check them out.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 03:38:54 PM »
Looking great!  Love that green!
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

tomtappel

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 06:10:44 PM »
Looks like you had a damn fine day

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 08:11:12 PM »
@CarrieAnn I see now what you were talking about (at the meetup) with your WSM & temps. Haven't tried high heat silicone. Keep us posted on how it holds up.

Nice job on the clean up. That Green SS looks sharp!  Set up on the deck looks nice too!