Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: MBH from Philly craigslist  (Read 985 times)

mdb240

• WKC Brave
MBH from Philly craigslist
« on: June 28, 2017, 05:08:20 PM »
Picked up the MBH from philly craigslist.  It is my first vintage kettle, which I aged to 1977 as it has the dual tabs on the bottom and also the plastic wheels. Had one major ding which I saw when I got there... Not sure what i can do with that.  I haven't cleaned it yet, just applied water to see how bad the dent actually was.  Tbe ash catcher is in perfect shape other than needing to be polished.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: MBH from Philly craigslist
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 06:06:17 PM »
I haven't dealt with it yet but I hear a rubber mallet will take care of dents. I'd expect the surrounding porcelain to crack though. If it was my kettle and the dent wasn't making the lid out of round I'd just leave it as is. Congrats son the score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 06:15:58 PM »
Is this the one I posted in the Online Finds forums?

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 08:27:36 PM »
It looks pretty damn cool to me...I'd leave it alone.

Theres nothing you can do to improve it, its character not a dent.

In my opinion.

Lets see more pics of the rest of it.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 08:33:55 PM »
Awesome Kettle right there. It's got a love mark. How you gonna even that out without causing a whole shitload of porcelain loss? Leave it alone and groove on it man.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

mdb240

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 02:23:42 AM »
Is this the one I posted in the Online Finds forums?

Yes that was the one. Someone else chimed in that they got it but really it was that they had a model like that. The seller wrote back to me saying it was still available after i read the posting from the the other member which made me confused for a bit.