Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Genesis Platinum Restore  (Read 1800 times)

reynoldsg

• Smokey Joe
Genesis Platinum Restore
« on: June 26, 2017, 06:43:17 AM »
I finally finished my platinum project. I picked this guy up last summer for 20 bucks and after letting him take up space on my patio for a year, I decided to fix him up. I painted the frame and firebox, made new slats for the shelves and handle, put in new SS flavorizer bars, new GBS grates, new wheels and casters, and had a custom L.P. hose assembly made. It turned out pretty good. I popped it's cherry yesterday evening with some corn and burgers. It's been awhile since I've cooked on L.P.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

nitis

• WKC Brave
Re: Genesis Platinum Restore
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 11:02:07 AM »
Well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 11:55:58 AM »
Very well done i hope the burgers aren't love the wood slats!!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

BBQ Jack

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 01:20:49 PM »
You have to wonder why they just didn't keep making them this way, although the open cart models today looks like an attempt to recapture the past. By looking at the pictures I get the impression that the thickness of the aluminum cook box is greater than today's models which are too thin. A restored older weber gas grill is nice to have.

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 01:39:54 PM »
BBQ jack

Honestly if the cook boxes are thinner I don't think it's by much. I actually just cut an old deep 13 bar box for my pellet conversion and was surprised it wasn't thicker

I put together my new genesis last summer and it was stout I've also fondled the new ones and they're good

However I am glad I have last years model as you gotta spend big$$ to get a side burner which I use mostly for adding coals to one of my performers

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground