Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rain!  (Read 3218 times)

Foundry37

• Smokey Joe
Rain!
« on: June 25, 2017, 02:15:21 PM »
Ok what do you guys do when it starts to rain during a cook? I am beyond po'd right now.  Forecast called for no rain all day. Until I get grill going of course. 
My local Home Depot is sold out of covers also. So even after grill cools down I cannot cover her.
Just needed to vent.  Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 02:19:52 PM by Foundry37 »

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Rain!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 02:17:28 PM »
I just roll with it. Use an umbrella when I refuel and make sure my top vent is not above the coals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 02:56:34 PM »
If grilling ?   Lift lid, quickly put meat down, replace lid.  Walk inside.   Walk back outside, lift lid, flip meat, replace lid.  Walk inside again.   Walk outside, lift lid remove meat from grill, replace lid, close top vent.  Walk back inside.  Wear a raincoat and a hat and take some tinfoil out to cover the meat for the trip back in.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 02:58:21 PM by demosthenes9 »

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 02:57:42 PM »

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 03:03:12 PM »
If grilling ?   Lift lid, quickly put meat down, replace lid.  Walk inside.   Walk back outside, lift lid, flip meat, replace lid.  Walk inside again.   Walk outside, lift lid remove meat from grill, replace lid, close top vent.  Walk back inside.  Wear a raincoat and a hat and take some tinfoil out to cover the meat for the trip back in.

I don't really want to expand on this. But if I did I would say do more of the same. That and:

« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 03:23:01 PM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Raindog

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 03:41:41 PM »

I don't really want to expand on this. But if I did I would say do more of the same. That and:

:D

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 05:20:04 PM »
Ok what do you guys do when it starts to rain during a cook?

Pick it up and move it to somewhere not so inclement. 
Be thankful that it's not a BGE, or some overpriced ceramic contraption …. They weigh a ton … Cook on!!
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 05:34:00 PM »

Ok what do you guys do when it starts to rain during a cook?

Not afraid of getting little wet. Use umbrella if heavy rain. And something like this to prevent heavy down pour rain entering inside.

Foundry37

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 06:01:58 PM »

>:(. Yes I will not be defeated! 🤘🏿
Finished up burgers and some chicken sausages. Thanks all for motivation.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2017, 06:05:45 PM »
Sit in the garage with a beer and watch the grill get wet. That's  all I  do.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 06:09:20 PM »
Sit in the garage with a beer and watch the grill get wet. That's  all I  do.

Even when it's sunny and nice out … I do this.  8)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2017, 06:21:57 PM »
i did a rain cook for one of our online competitions

started out like this

progressed to this

after getting wetter than i wanted and deciding i wanted to watch football, i did this

Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank