Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Thanks Troy!  (Read 1867 times)

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Thanks Troy!
« on: June 20, 2017, 07:56:40 AM »
It's been quite a while since I've posted.  Life has been crazy busy and I found that my urge to buy kettles(or got tired of hassling with my wife over why I needed yet another grill 7+) had gone down while I'm away.  I've kept cooking and checking craigslist periodically but the competition in Nashville is very strong these days!

The other day I'm floating on Facebook and I saw the video Troy posted on restoring vintage grates.  I was about to go buy a new grate for my mid 60s mh red 18 when I thought I'll give this method a shot.  Last night I followed his method and sure enough I've got a good looking grate again! Thanks for saving me money and keeping it vintage!

Hopefully I'll be able to stick around again.  I've had a renewed interest.  My 99 mastertouch one touch system froze up and the handle broke off trying to get it to move. I literally was bummed for two days straight, it was my last grill purchase before going into retirement from collecting.  I told my wife, I can't believe I'm this bummed over a grill but I love that mastertouch.  It has the first gen ash sweep so I needed a bar and ash sweep or rob a system  from a new otg.  Which meant I had to rob it from my otg homer to do it and I hadn't decided about that yet.  On Saturday I was surprised with a brand new copper performer deluxe! I have to admit it was very strange getting a grill that was completely clean and had all the parts in working order. 

Keep smoking grillfellas, I'm heading to the store to find something to smoke on penny!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Thanks Troy!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 08:06:43 AM »
Woot woot! Welcome back! 

Sent from my SM-N910V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 08:12:31 AM »
Welcome back!
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 08:19:35 AM »
You are your awesome photos have been missed, we have been doing a yearly calendar, any chance we can get some submissions from you?
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 09:13:37 AM »
Welcome back, @Chasing_smoke  .... hope you can stick around for awhile!  Congrats on the copper performer!
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 09:35:01 AM »

Thanks guys! Lightning I'll have to work on gathering some fresh stuff for you guys.  I've gone back to cooking for a living in the last two years so I've gained some new recipes and such.   I'll do what I can to bring new content. 

MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 09:36:23 AM »

Great to see you back, CS!
Your pics are epic, to say the least.  :D
I was pulling for the Preds …. There's always next year.  ;)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 11:15:35 AM »
Good to see you back around the farm !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 01:10:35 PM »
Welcome back!

This place has plenty to offer, even for those of us that aren't trying to expand our collections. The cooking advice, maintenance tips, restoration guidance and camaraderie make this the best place on the internet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 02:08:44 PM »

Thanks guys! Lightning I'll have to work on gathering some fresh stuff for you guys.  I've gone back to cooking for a living in the last two years so I've gained some new recipes and such.   I'll do what I can to bring new content. 

Nice! Shoot me some secret mojo for new WKC video! =D
Seriously tho, looking forward to seeing what's up your sleeve!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 05:01:18 AM »
Welcome back man! We've definitely missed you while you were away. +1 on submitting some great photography for next years calendar. There's even a few of the older pictures that are calendar quality IMO. Congratulations on the Copper Performer! [emoji482]

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 04:56:11 PM »
ATTENTION EVERYONE:  @Chasing_smoke  is a legit chef, and a cooking genius.  Every time I've followed his advice, I've been VERY happy that I did so. 
One of the charcoal people.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2017, 09:13:08 AM »
Welcome back.

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2017, 09:35:44 AM »
Nice to have you back!

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.