Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Webgar/Traeber hybrid has begun  (Read 3607 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Re: Webgar/Traeber hybrid has begun
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 04:23:58 AM »
I'm very surprised Weber never tried it. Sure it's good to know they have stuck with what they know in great gassers and kettles. However there's so many no names or stand alone a out there rectec Louisiana green mountain you would think a HUGE name like Weber would have no problem pushing their way in or heck even big and merge

I'm just a Weber geek to the bone. I could get a traeger for a smoking deal if I wanted but I can't help but think if I do Weber will drop the hammer soon there afterwards

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Weber's market is gas grills!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2017, 05:44:34 PM »

Not sure if I'll use the black hood or my red one the black was close by for the purpose of this pic

I borrowed a heat diffuser out of a traeger and for now my plan is to use a stock heat diffuser and the upper row of flavor bars. Then I'll use an aluminum cookie pan on top of the flavor bars for a drip pan

I'll still utilize the original drip tray and pan as a reserve. Still hope to find a donor stack off a traeger simply for aesthetics and I plan to flush mount the controller somehow also

2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2017, 04:05:39 AM »

Not sure if I'll use the black hood or my red one the black was close by for the purpose of this pic

I borrowed a heat diffuser out of a traeger and for now my plan is to use a stock heat diffuser and the upper row of flavor bars. Then I'll use an aluminum cookie pan on top of the flavor bars for a drip pan

I'll still utilize the original drip tray and pan as a reserve. Still hope to find a donor stack off a traeger simply for aesthetics and I plan to flush mount the controller somehow also

Quality parts!

http://udsparts.com/dampers.html

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!