Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Webers and a supper guest  (Read 892 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Webers and a supper guest
« on: May 31, 2017, 04:12:12 PM »

Needless to say, tonight's food is a little delayed until he clears out.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Re: Webers and a supper guest
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 04:44:02 PM »
I was able to proceed with cooking dinner after the skunk cleared out. Thankfully it didn't spray and I didn't have to go up the street and buy out the grocery store's inventory of tomato juice.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 04:45:39 PM »
Holy crap dude. Skunks should not be out and about in the day. Watch it tonight.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 12:02:33 PM »
I know. My next door neighbour was sitting in his yard when the skunk left mine and passed through his, and he said the same thing. That was it for skunk sightings yesterday though. I've never seen one during the day before. I wonder why it was out then.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 12:51:58 PM »

This is my Father-in-law at his ranch in Yoncalla, Oregon.  He was under the impression that this young skunk did not have functioning scent glands. It hung around like a pet for three days.

It would occasionally throw its tail up like in this photo, but did not spray anything.................

Until right after I took this photo, one of the ranch dogs that was site impaired had the skunk walk beneath it. The dog moved its leg, bumping the skunk and that is when we found out the skunk had working scent glands.  My Father-in-law was one lucky old guy and we had one old stinky ranch dog to deal with.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"