Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Next SSP Project  (Read 775 times)

SteveZ

• WKC Ranger
Next SSP Project
« on: June 11, 2017, 02:59:24 PM »
Picked up my latest SSP project. Probably just a limited parts kettle, but I think I may turn into a custom. Previous owner past away. I got it from the family. This may be a challenge but its peaked my interest. Previous owner hacked the handles off so that the newer performer cover would fit the SSP. Also had a catastrophic breach of the propane hose that melted off half of the charcoal bin. The burner completely blown out. Ash catcher fell off. Star nuts all shot. Kettle lost a lot of the finish. Tank has a star shaped handle but bas a sticker saying it has an OPD installed. Tank is pretty rusty. Frame has rust issues also.

The good is the lid isn't in bad shape! I like the challenge. This one may take a while! When I got it home the first thing I did was toss the Cooking and charcoal grate in the recycle along with the charcoal bin. Took the rest apart for evaluation.

RRR is my Goal!

« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 03:03:04 PM by SteveZ »
SSP Caribique, Black 2nd Generation Performer, 2018 Green Performer, 1970 MBH 26 Black (Fleetwood) with Roti, 1965 Thumb Screw 49er, (2) Black 18 OTG, 2017 Black Master Touch, Black Genesis Silver B.  E code 14 WSM, AH code 18 WSM, AH code 22 WSM,

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Next SSP Project
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 03:03:19 PM »
I was wondering if someone was going to pick her up. She's in good hands now. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk