Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: About the ASH  (Read 1063 times)

clarissa

• WKC Brave
About the ASH
« on: May 26, 2017, 05:53:11 AM »
We had torrential rains all day and night and since the sun is out now I went to check my kettle. The ash that was below in the catcher and some in the kettle bowl was wet and looks like thin concrete. My question is after I wipe this all out, if I hose the pieces down will the ash residue harm my grass? I don't want to do it over my brick patio.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: About the ASH
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 05:59:26 AM »
Do you not keep the lid on and shut down the kettle after use?  You don't want rain and ash to mix in the bowl. It will rust the sweeps

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 06:15:32 AM »
I clean my kettle on the grass and it does not cause any problems for the lawn.  Try to get most of it out in the garbage if you can though.  The ash usually has food grease in it and can sometimes make a mess or your dog will be over there eating it.  Then you get to clean dog vomit up in your living room. 

clarissa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 06:51:39 AM »
I always clean out my grill as soon as the residual coals die out and cool down.  But we got this storm and I did not have a chance to do it, other than scraping the grate nice and clean. I always keep it covered, but now that I have the rotisserie frame rain can get in there, which it did. I don't have any place to store the roti frame, so it stays on the grill with the lid on it. I keep the spit and motor in the house.

I wiped it all out thoroughly and then put it in the sun to dry further. It looks pretty good now, but I just wanted to be sure I won't kill my lawn if I decide to hose it down

clarissa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 06:54:13 AM »
@Josh G thanks for that info. Our dog has angel wings now, so no worry about that other issue.

clarissa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 09:56:44 AM »
Well, it is always a good idea to assess the indoor spaces and revise and discard as needed. Found just the place to hang my Roti frame on the pegboard in my small heater room. We are in a small townhouse so space is limited but periodic reorganization based on priorities works well.