Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Meat thermometer  (Read 1088 times)

mshred

• Happy Cooker
Meat thermometer
« on: May 26, 2017, 06:00:57 AM »
Hey guys,

Looking to purchase a meat thermometer for when I am smoking on my kettle and UDS that I am building. Was considering a remote probe digital piece like a maverick or thermo pro, but there seem to be many reviews regarding the premature failure of these units (amazon). I will have a thermometer for grate temp already, so just looking specifically for meat temp thermos.

Any recommendations out there? Even stick in analog ones will do, just don't want to buy junk that I will have to replace in short order.

Thanks

fljoemon

• WKC Brave
Re: Meat thermometer
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 06:28:51 AM »
I have the Thermoworks Smoke and can attest that it it the best one I have so far ... I also have the Maverick ET-732, the iGrill2 and Maverick ET-733. the Smoke smokes them all :-)
http://www.thermoworks.com/Smoke

JordanW

• WKC Brave
    • Instagram - @bigtroublebbq
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 06:41:55 AM »
+1 on the Thermoworks Smoke. Great, reliable product and the customer service is legit.

racedvl

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 06:43:02 AM »
Another +1 on the smoke!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Joetee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 07:26:36 AM »
Thermoworks Smoke ✓

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

mshred

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 08:29:52 AM »
I should have mentioned in my original post that budget is a concern. The thermoworks smoke looks nice but isn't available where I am from what I've looked at and its a little pricey for me. I am looking strictly for meat probe temperatures only

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 09:25:02 AM »
Get the Maverick 733

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 09:48:43 AM »
Ivation on amazon if you hawk it you can get it for $30 maybe less. I think it's a relabeled maverik

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground