Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Flamous Coconut Charcoal Briquettes  (Read 4758 times)

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Flamous Coconut Charcoal Briquettes
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2017, 03:15:39 PM »
been emailing Chris at flamous and they are trying to get into smaller type stores along with like ace hardware. they have a 22lb bag and 11lb bag available. The 22lb will retail at $8.39 and the 11lb will retail at $4.98. once they get up and running they will defiantly be a go to.

Wow, at $8 for a 22lb bag, i'd be all over it!!

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2017, 04:05:03 PM »
been emailing Chris at flamous and they are trying to get into smaller type stores along with like ace hardware. they have a 22lb bag and 11lb bag available. The 22lb will retail at $8.39 and the 11lb will retail at $4.98. once they get up and running they will defiantly be a go to.

Wow, at $8 for a 22lb bag, i'd be all over it!!
yea he said I could come pick up some but I donno when I'd feel like driving out to San Francisco .

Frales

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2017, 05:34:24 PM »
Thanks for starting this thread, I've been curious about coco products. I would imagine after shelling all the coconuts for consumers it was only a matter of time before someone found a way to use the shells. I've looked at reviews for a couple years and they have always been mixed. My question is if they burn that clean what's the difference between using coconut shell charcoal and just baking in your oven and using the broiler to brown? I hope to read more opinions on this product! I would think I would use these for long burn times and add wood chunks but who knows, I have no experience with this.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2017, 06:18:13 PM »
Thanks for starting this thread, I've been curious about coco products. I would imagine after shelling all the coconuts for consumers it was only a matter of time before someone found a way to use the shells. I've looked at reviews for a couple years and they have always been mixed. My question is if they burn that clean what's the difference between using coconut shell charcoal and just baking in your oven and using the broiler to brown? I hope to read more opinions on this product! I would think I would use these for long burn times and add wood chunks but who knows, I have no experience with this.
I got Coshell when it was on sale. it's about twice the size of a kingsford standard briquette. super dence so it holds heat and take a long time to burn up.

Frales

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2017, 06:26:30 PM »
Appreciate the feedback thanks.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2017, 06:31:50 PM »
@Frales not that I have any experience with Coshell or else but if your fuel source burns super clean then you have more control over the smoke profile you get on your cook. You add wood to the clean fuel and you add as much as you want and of what type.  Baking in the oven and broiler will never get you that nice smoke from a Weber barbecue kettle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Frales

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2017, 06:42:01 PM »
Agree totally. I guess my brain was stuck on the video at the beginning of the thread where he cooked on it without any wood added. Great point and I have no experience either but think you're spot on. Let's see if anyone with experience confirms.

Frales

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2017, 07:15:44 PM »
First and foremost thanks to Troy for the test!

GetFlamous

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2017, 11:39:41 AM »
Yes Kudos to Troy for the test cook and taking in the sample we sent him. Appreciate you putting together this video review and applaud your grilling skills. My name is Chris and I am with the company here in Burlingame, CA that will be distributing and selling Flamous. As of now we will be launching Flamous in 3 bay area stores at the end of July, the list is short and sweet as this is a brand new product but we are hoping you guys show some interest so we can grow into larger stores. You will be able to purchase Flamous at Ace Hardware (Berkeley and Brisbane locations), Staff of Life (Monterey) and Harvest Urban Market in San Francisco. Flamous will also be available on Amazon soon and we are looking to post a Groupon deal for a 2 bag pack at a discounted price soon. 11 lb. and 22 lb. will be available for retail. As far as performance these are designed to get and stay extremely hot, the heat up process might be a bit delayed because they are so dense - a chimney is definitely recommended.

For all things Flamous related - questions, comments & concerns please feel free to reach out to me at chris@gellerinternational.com. Any personal orders or interest you can contact me there as well - first several orders will receive a few complimentary bags on our behalf.

We hope to get Troy some more bags so he can do a comparison review vs. Kingsford to reveal who the new king is : ) joking of course, but really you guys will be able to see some of the benefits of healthier and more natural grilling as the chemicals are really not necessary even though they expedite the heating process.

Once again, thanks to Troy for his video and thanks to you all who have viewed, commented and showed interest. Working hard to get Flamous in a store near you !
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 11:54:44 AM by GetFlamous »

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2017, 11:41:34 AM »
Thanks for stopping by @GetFlamous I live on the East coast so I will have to keep an eye on amazon to pick some of this up. Looking forward to seeing a comparison.
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2017, 02:14:17 PM »
Yes Kudos to Troy for the test cook and taking in the sample we sent him. Appreciate you putting together this video review and applaud your grilling skills. My name is Chris and I am with the company here in Burlingame, CA that will be distributing and selling Flamous. As of now we will be launching Flamous in 3 bay area stores at the end of July, the list is short and sweet as this is a brand new product but we are hoping you guys show some interest so we can grow into larger stores. You will be able to purchase Flamous at Ace Hardware (Berkeley and Brisbane locations), Staff of Life (Monterey) and Harvest Urban Market in San Francisco. Flamous will also be available on Amazon soon and we are looking to post a Groupon deal for a 2 bag pack at a discounted price soon. 11 lb. and 22 lb. will be available for retail. As far as performance these are designed to get and stay extremely hot, the heat up process might be a bit delayed because they are so dense - a chimney is definitely recommended.

For all things Flamous related - questions, comments & concerns please feel free to reach out to me at chris@gellerinternational.com. Any personal orders or interest you can contact me there as well - first several orders will receive a few complimentary bags on our behalf.

We hope to get Troy some more bags so he can do a comparison review vs. Kingsford to reveal who the new king is : ) joking of course, but really you guys will be able to see some of the benefits of healthier and more natural grilling as the chemicals are really not necessary even though they expedite the heating process.

Once again, thanks to Troy for his video and thanks to you all who have viewed, commented and showed interest. Working hard to get Flamous in a store near you !
are you able to ship personal orders yet or still prefer local pick up ?

GetFlamous

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2017, 10:04:10 AM »
@LiquidOcelot We can fulfill personal orders after July 20th. Customers will have to cover the shipping. Feel free to send me an email if you're interested - chris@gellerinternational.com
Also, if any of you have any store recommendations that are in your area and would be a good match, please let us know so we can contact them about Flamous

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2017, 04:13:42 PM »
@LiquidOcelot We can fulfill personal orders after July 20th. Customers will have to cover the shipping. Feel free to send me an email if you're interested - chris@gellerinternational.com
Also, if any of you have any store recommendations that are in your area and would be a good match, please let us know so we can contact them about Flamous

Im glad to hear you are filling in personal orders. Its hard to find a good coconut shell charcoal so I cant wait to try this out.
Rollin coal

22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2017, 04:16:56 PM »
@Frales Coshell is all I use when I smoke. Consistent temperatures, limited ash, and you can use any wood with it. You really can fire up and forget it when smoking. I have never had a problem Coco charcoal and was sad to see it go from stores, but I managed to clean out most the 3 OSH hardware stores within 2 hours of my house.
Rollin coal

22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2017, 07:14:27 AM »
I bought a 10lb bag last summer.. they were 1x1x1 cubes
The have very little smell , very little smoke and most oh all
Very little heat..I had to dump it and start over with kingsford
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!