Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Old lady will just not part with this Grill  (Read 3676 times)

Darko

• WKC Performer
Re: Old lady will just not part with this Grill
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2017, 04:46:30 PM »
You can take an old lady, can't you?

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2017, 05:10:46 PM »
Looks like it's playing hide and seek in the corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

glend123

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2017, 06:26:27 PM »
Looks like it's playing hide and seek in the corner.

It used to be in the middle of the patio until I asked about it a couple years ago.  Then she moved it, and I don't think it's been touched since.

Sent from my XT1254 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

22" yellow kettle, 26" brown kettle, 26" Black kettle, 22" Blue kettle, 22" red performer, 18" smoker, Ranger

clarissa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2017, 07:16:17 PM »
If she is a widow...It may have some significant sentimental value to her. If she gets family visitors that might be a good time to talk to someone who might help your case or explain why she is attached to it.

Craig

• WKC Mod
Old lady will just not part with this Grill
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2017, 07:52:51 PM »
The old battle ax won't even open the door!

Sent from my XT1650 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Brian's reply reminds me of the old lady from Dragnet (1987 version) love this bit. Imagine cold calling on a kettle with this lady. [emoji23]

https://youtu.be/dso032zZMes
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 07:56:44 PM by Craig »

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2017, 05:19:56 AM »
Holy sh!t. That takes me back. I love that movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnny 2 shack

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2017, 08:42:15 AM »
omg , leave her alone ! 

robert-r

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2017, 11:50:05 AM »
Give her a big bottle of White Linen perfume and in a few days, she will be yours!
18.5 & 14.5 WSMs, 26.5 XL, 22.5 Performer, JJ, SJ, Genesis 330, OKJ Highland, Stackers, Roti Rings & Stick Burning Al Pastore Cooker

tspin818

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2017, 02:08:13 PM »
If she is a widow...It may have some significant sentimental value to her. If she gets family visitors that might be a good time to talk to someone who might help your case or explain why she is attached to it.
Totally agree with this. We don't know her story, and I'm sure if this were your mother or grandmother you would hope that she was treated with a little more respect than she is getting in this post.

Holy grail Red Smokey Joe

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2017, 03:27:01 PM »
I don't think there is any deliberate disrespect here. If I were in her position and it was the husbands grill I'd feel better knowing someone was using and respecting it rather than having it just sit and rust and eventually get to someone who doesn't give a shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2017, 08:00:19 PM »

Totally agree with this. We don't know her story, and I'm sure if this were your mother or grandmother you would hope that she was treated with a little more respect than she is getting in this post.

I don't think anyone here means any disrespect. Brian's reply made me think of the Dragnet lady. Not the actual owner of the Ranger. We old time WKCrs are smartasses and are all about humor and adding a little fun to the mix. I am sure the owner has her reasons and we respect that.

UserGone

• WKC Brave
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2017, 02:07:26 AM »
Offer a gift... Make a heavy duty weather proof cover and stop by to give it to her.
  That way the family heirloom Weber Ranger will be protected. Maybe even offer to clean the grill up if she accepts.
Some real RRR Boy scout style.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2017, 03:49:32 AM »
That Ranger looks to be in a great shape and well taken care of.  What makes you think it is neglected.  All you can do is to let her know. If she decline to sell few times already...... let her be. No need to harass her.

We all want a great/cheap deals and that would be one amazing score if she sells but here is something else to think about. Are you willing to pay the top dollars/fair market value if she asks? 

I could be way off here, but that Ranger in good condition could fetch upwards or $500 or way more. Are you willing to pay that?  Even if  yes.... still should not be bothering her if she decline to sell already few times.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2017, 06:23:53 PM »
This is about the third time that I've tried to cold call to get this Grill. This time I sent my wife to the door who has a much friendlier face and demeanor than myself. But she struck out also. She just said she does not want to sell it and some other guy asked about it before. Oh well, I guess it'll just rust there forever.[emoji25]

One option is to meet with the lady & start up a conversation. Ask her about the history of the grill...explain your interest in the grill. Find out the story... that is key, along with showing respect, not just for the grill, but also the owner.