Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Summit with Pizza Stone  (Read 985 times)

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
Summit with Pizza Stone
« on: May 16, 2017, 03:57:01 PM »
Sorry guys, I screwed up. I've been waiting to try the Summit with the Weber pizza stone but forgot to take a pic of the finished product.  All I've got is a picture of the lonely pizza stone after it's done its duty.

I can tell you it did an awesome job. I lit up a decent, but not huge batch of lump on the charcoal grate in the lower setting and once the coals were lit I opened the vents all the way up. The grill was quickly up between 550 and 600 degrees with the pizza stone inside. The grill heated the pizza very evenly and it was cooked in about 7 or 8 minutes (I'm guessing) with a nice crispy crust. Will definitely be doing this a lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Summit with Pizza Stone
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 04:05:24 PM »
He'll @mcgolden just seeing the Summit in action works for me I'll trust you on the good pizza

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

JordanW

• WKC Brave
    • Instagram - @bigtroublebbq
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 06:51:53 AM »
@mcgolden   I use the heat deflector too now. It seems to work even better for high temp pizzas. Try it out!

Also, the main + on this whole Summit pizza thing is that it will hold that high temp for an hour or more at least, and you can really pump out the pizzas for a large group. In my case it was for my 13y/o step daughter's bday party for her and 6 friends who all got the chance to make their own pie. Pizza everywhere!

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 06:59:20 AM »
@mcgolden   I use the heat deflector too now. It seems to work even better for high temp pizzas. Try it out!

Also, the main + on this whole Summit pizza thing is that it will hold that high temp for an hour or more at least, and you can really pump out the pizzas for a large group. In my case it was for my 13y/o step daughter's bday party for her and 6 friends who all got the chance to make their own pie. Pizza everywhere!

Good to know. Will definitely give this a try. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk