Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ranch Kettle history - Part II  (Read 1948 times)

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
Ranch Kettle history - Part II
« on: April 16, 2013, 08:44:25 AM »
Does anyone know when Weber changed the design of the Ranch Kettle from the older style, three legged tripod design to the current design of a rolling cart? It seems that of all the various models of grills that Weber has produced through the years, the Ranch Kettle is the most elusive in which the least amount of factual information and history is known?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 11:16:43 AM by ramsfan »
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

Craig

• WKC Mod
Re: Ranch Kettle history - Part II
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 07:32:20 PM »
I do know they were still old style in the late 80s but new style in 2000. So theres a 10-12 year window so far.

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 05:04:58 AM »
About a year ago, there was an old style Ranch for sale in my home town.  It was an "N" (1991).  That shaves a few years off your timeline. 

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
Ranch Kettle history - Part II
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 09:20:41 AM »
My 2005 (DO) RK is the new style.

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 03:09:02 PM »
Thanks guys. I called Weber and asked them if they knew when the design change occurred. The woman I talked to said 2000 was the first year for the "cart" design. However, I'm not sure how accurate that info is because she also stated the Ranch Kettle had only been around since the 1990's? I know that can't be right. However; she made it sound as though it had only been called the "Ranch Kettle" since the 1990's?

Can anyone confirm if the name Ranch Kettle was used back in the day? I thought I had seen an old catalog somewhere on this site that someone had posted that showed it being called Ranch Kettle back in the 60's.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 07:03:15 PM »
Confirmed.

I wil post some 1960's  ranch.