Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: snake method with rib rack?  (Read 1276 times)

gps4

• Smokey Joe
snake method with rib rack?
« on: May 08, 2017, 12:09:19 PM »
im spitballing here....suppose needed to cook more than two racks of ribs on a kettle.  is it possible to use the snake method and a rib rack to slow cook them all in the same kettle, or do the ribs have to be laying down flat to use the snake method?

thanks in advance.

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
Re: snake method with rib rack?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 01:09:23 PM »
Heat is heat.  The more you put in the longer it may take the initial temps to even out, they will cook the same once you get there.  Two racks are no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 01:27:34 PM »
Just being picky, but there's convection heat and radiant heat (amongst others) and they are different.  Short version, use bricks on your charcoal grate to block any direct radiant heat.  To illustrate, set your same up on the left side of bowl running from 7 to 11 o'clock.  To the right of that, line a couple of bricks up running right down center from 12 to 6.     When ready, put rib rack on the right side of the gate so that the ribs are on one side of the wall and the charcoal is on the other.     BTW, if you need more space, move the line of bricks to the left, closer to the coals. 

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 01:28:33 PM »
im spitballing here....suppose needed to cook more than two racks of ribs on a kettle.  is it possible to use the snake method and a rib rack to slow cook them all in the same kettle, or do the ribs have to be laying down flat to use the snake method?

thanks in advance.

3 ribs in a rib rack with snake method is how I did my last rib batch.  no problems.
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;