Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rotisserie basket for gas Weber (#9891)  (Read 1213 times)

Cellar2ful

Rotisserie basket for gas Weber (#9891)
« on: May 01, 2017, 02:55:07 PM »

Picked this up yesterday for $20 on CL. Mainly got it to have an extra rotisserie motor but now I am intrigued with this basket.  Anyone used one of these on charcoal?  The chickens would have to be real small or maybe game hens.

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Rotisserie basket for gas Weber (#9891)
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 03:47:51 PM »
I've got the 22" charcoal version... manufactured by EZ Que. Love it... haven't used the spit rod once since I acquired the basket.

I can easily fit 2 birds... haven't ever done more than that, so I don't know how tight of a squeeze it would be.

Sent from my iPhone using some kinda crazy-ass magic.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 03:49:56 PM by Bob BQ »
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Cellar2ful

Re: Rotisserie basket for gas Weber (#9891)
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 09:14:50 PM »

Thanks @Bob BQ . I will try using it but unless you can show me a how to do a turkey on this basket, I won't get rid of my spit rod just yet.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Re: Rotisserie basket for gas Weber (#9891)
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 05:07:15 AM »
FYI

The 9891 will fit perfectly on the 26.75" with a Cajun Bandit ring.

Years ago I ordered the 6" & 8" EZ-Que Cradles and ring. At the time the 6" was on backorder, then the company went tits up. I got refunded the $ for the 6". And enjoyed the 8" cradle.

I bought a gasser that came with a BNIB #9891 and chopped it to fit the 22" kettle and had it welded.

No difference in the cradles other than manufacturer markings.

I got a couple of the 6" for the 22's off fleabay with the spit rods that fit both Weber rings and Cajun Bandit rings. LOVE them! If you can't find them there check out Bourliers

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!