Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Direct wings jalapeņo honey mustard  (Read 682 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Direct wings jalapeņo honey mustard
« on: April 22, 2017, 05:28:44 PM »
I'm flying solo tonight so I'm doing what I always do. Wings and beer. I cooked direct with open lid damper and half bottom. Great way to cook just about everything. Oil, Tony's for seasoning. Turned rotated every ten minutes for about an hour. Made sauce and tossed after they came off. Yellow mustard, honey, gfs jarred jalapeņo (very important). Most jarred jalapeņo taste bad and are not hot.  I threw the jalapeņo in a blender and added juice from the jar to the mix. Warmed up in sauce pan.

Cooking wings direct require more attention but I like the flavor the best. Also through in a little applewood in the coals.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 05:30:26 PM by HoosierKettle »

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Re: Direct wings jalapeņo honey mustard
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 08:48:32 PM »
Those look outstanding!  Need to make wings tomorrow!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 04:52:51 AM »
Yes! I'd take a plate of those and an ice cold PBR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 06:07:16 AM »
I've reverted back to cooking wings my old way, too. Direct for a while then slide indirect for the finish.
I like your honey mustard, jalapeņo jelly mixture. Sounds like it would blend well together.
Got to enjoy and take advantage of those "home alone" nights. Don't happen to often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 07:12:02 AM »
I like  the direct way as well it makes you feel like your really cooking and my bar is right inside the patio door so I don't have far to go to fix another cocktail. Grate looking cook and cool recipe.Thanks!!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill